Premium

Country

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My family manager has disabled me from listening to explicit content songs, even tho I am not in contact with them anymore. I just have my Spotify account, even tho we haven't been in touch for months, we are in the same Spotify family, and out of nowhere, they disabled this feature for me. How do I enable it back on?

3 Replies

Hey @lavi2,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

The Premium Family manager can turn the explicit content filter for each member on/off. Note that for parental control reasons this setting can't be overridden by the member accounts themselves.

Keep in mind that all Premium Family members must reside on the same address. In this case we recommend to contact the plan manager and ask them to turn off the filter. 

Alternatively you can regain control of that setting by starting a plan yourself or reverting to free. You can find out more here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So there is no actual way for me to get back the explicit songs unless I contact my family manager? that really sucks, thanks for answering tho.

Hi @lavi2

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're sorry to hear that you feel like this. However, as @Mihail mentioned, you could also revert to free to regain control over this specific setting. 

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts