Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play kids accounts on seperate devices.

Solved!

Can't play kids accounts on seperate devices.

Plan

Premium family

Country

Aus

Device

Samsung galaxy tab A - SM-T510

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I recently upgraded my plan to family premium so my kids can have their own accounts.

I have setup seperate accounts for all family members.

When the kids are on their tablets the music they are listening to plays on both devices.

When trying to play a different track on the other tablet a message appears saying "you are currently listening on SM-T510, with an option to continue or play on this tablet. The music will switch between the tablets but will not play different tracks. 

I have checked the kids are signed into their own accounts.

Both tablets are Samsung galaxy tab A with same model number. SM-T510.

I have restarted all devices with Spotify but still cannot get the tablets to play seperate tracks.

What can I do to get the kids accounts to work independently?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Murph79,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

In this case, we suggest you to reinstall the Kids app on both tablets. Then, from your account settings, you can remove both kids' profiles. You can see how to do it here

Once you do that, try creating both profiles again. We recommend creating the kids accounts from each tablet. Don't use the same device to create both accounts.

If that doesn’t do the trick, can you share with us a video if the inconvenience persists along with the Spotify version installed on both tablets?

We'll keep an eye on your response!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Murph79,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

In this case, we suggest you to reinstall the Kids app on both tablets. Then, from your account settings, you can remove both kids' profiles. You can see how to do it here

Once you do that, try creating both profiles again. We recommend creating the kids accounts from each tablet. Don't use the same device to create both accounts.

If that doesn’t do the trick, can you share with us a video if the inconvenience persists along with the Spotify version installed on both tablets?

We'll keep an eye on your response!

CarlosEModerator

Hi @CarlosE

Thanks for your response.

I followed your suggestions and can confirm the devices now play seperate tracks, and the kids are very happy:)

I would like to comment that on the inital setup each kids accounts was setup on seperate devices.  The only step I did differently this time was to restart the first device while I setup the second account on the other device, and then restarted that one.  Not sure if this made a difference but thought i'd mention it.

Thanks for the support.

Hey @Murph79

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts