Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't share Playlists with a Spotify Kids Account

Can't share Playlists with a Spotify Kids Account

Plan

Spotify Family

Country

Germany

Device

samsung galaxy tab a7

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Hi all

i signed up for Spotify Family in Dezember.

I did this because there should be a function where i can share playlists from my account with the Kids account of my daughter.

However, this is unfortunately not working. When i'm in the Settings of the Kids Account and click on "Share Playlist" i get an Error. (Hoppla, Versuchs noch einmal / Sorry, try again).

How can i fix this problem? The option to share playlists with kids account is really important for me.

Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Matthias

9 Replies

Hey @Schalenka

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Could you confirm if you still get this error message after running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile device? We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and also remove corrupted data that could be causing the issue. Follow the steps here on how to perform a clean reinstall. 

In case you still get the error message after a clean reinstall, send us a screenshot displaying it. You can attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy your day! 

Hi Ivan,

thanks for the quick reply and sorry for the delay.

After running a clean reinstall the error is still the same.

I attached e screenshot of the error.

It happens when i click "geteilte Playlists" (shared playlists)..

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Matthias

Screenshot_20210323-153753_Spotify Kids.jpg

Hey @Schalenka,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Could you try logging in to your account on a different device and try to share the playlist from there?

If that doesn't do the trick, could you try using a different connection, like mobile data or another WiFi network?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey 

@CarlosE

Thanks for the reply.

I tried it on my iPhone and it didn‘t work. There was an empty screen after i clicked on „shared playlist“

I tried it with ne mobile data of my phone instead of my wifi - didn’t work either

Best 

Matthias 

Hi again @Schalenka,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Just to be on the same page, make sure to follow the steps you'll find in this article for shared playlists with the Kids app. If it continues to show an error, try reinstalling the Kids app as well.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Hi @CarlosE - thanks for keeping in touch.

of course i followed the steps on the page you sent. It crashes after step 3.

I did the clean reinstall only with the kids app since its the only spotify app on the tablet of my daughter. I thought it makes no sense to reinstall the Spotify App on my Laptop.

On reason for the error i'm thinking of is the massive amount of playlists i have in my account. Could this be a reason?

Best,

Matthias

Hey @Schalenka

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We suggest performing the clean reinstall across all the devices you use Spotify on. The app usage and account contents store cached data on your devices and this can sometimes prevent the app from operating at full capacity. 

Also, make sure you enable all Permissions for the Spotify app on the mobile devices. You can do this in the app Settings menu. 

As @CarlosE suggested, it's also a good idea to check if you experience this issue after logging in to your Spotify account on a different device. This will help us see if the issue might be related to the particular account or to a specific device setup. 

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy your day! 

Hi Guys,

it works now.

Solution: Delete about 6.000 playlists of the 10.000 Playlists i had in my Spotify account.....

I think the amount of playlists was the reasen why the error occured. Too much data.

Thanks for your help again.

Best 

Matthias

Hey there @Schalenka

We're glad to hear that it's working now. Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts