Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot add family member to family plan on android app

Cannot add family member to family plan on android app

Hello,

I am desperately trying to add my wife as a family member in the android app on her smartphone.

I have created my wife her own spotify account and also sent her an invitation link. She is also listed in my spotify account in browser.

When I try to use this account on her smartphone, it always connects my account to it even though she has logged in with her spotify account in the app.

We both use the same google account on our smartphone. It seems like Spotify always uses that for identification and not our spotify accounts.
Is there any way that my wife and I can use our own spotify accounts on our smartphones under the same google account?
(translated from german with DeepL)

Thx

JK

3 Replies

Hey @jk_ger ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You'll need to use different Google accounts if you'd like to login through that, but you could also login directly using the email addresses and passwords of the Spotify accounts 🙂

Hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Maxim,

thank you for the reply. I didn't give it a rest and now I (hope) have found a way how we both (my wife and I) can use different spotify accounts with the same google account.
I created a spotify account for my wife (free account on spotify web-site). Then I activated flight mode on her smartphone and started spotify (after I clear cash and data from the app). I was able to log in with her username/password and disabled flight mode again. Now we can both use Spotify in the family plan with the same google account. I hope that this works for a long time (or permanently) and will not be changed again.

Regards

JK

Hey @jk_ger ,

Thanks for getting back.

Keep in mind that the way you did it is not officially supported and it is possible that this method can stop working at any time.

If you ever have any other questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community again 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts