Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot choose home country

Cannot choose home country

I am currently abroad. My premium account expired two days ago and I am trying to get on the family memembership and Spotify does not allow me to do so. I do not have the option to choose my home country, what can I do? I cannot stay for a week without spotify! 

4 Replies

Hi @demetris22694 and welcome to the Spotify Community! 🙂
Sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting. It's never a good thing to be without your music!
Unfortunately, you only have the option to update the country of residence when you are currently in that country. Are you trying to create a new Family plan or just join one?
If joining, the Family plan will require you to enter the same address as the plan owner since all users have to reside at the same address for the duration of the plan.

I am having the same issue. I just moved to the US (after getting married) and want to join my husbands family account. We are living at the same place and am in the US currently but am still unable to accept his invitation because it will not let me change the country on my old spotify account. 

The country tab is grey and will not allow me to select anything. 

Thanks for the help!

Hello, Yes a new one. So there is no way of doing it?

Thanks

Hi @demetris22694

I highly recommend you not creating a Family plan until you are back in your home country. Once you start a Family subscription you cannot change the address/country unless you cancel the entire plan and start over.
Hope this helps!

Suggested posts