Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot invite my duo partner

Cannot invite my duo partner

I was gonna invite my partner who lives with me to duo plan but it says seems like we are not living together
10 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you're having issues accepting the invite, please make sure that you're entering the exact same address as the one registered in the Duo Manager account page and that the countries registered in your accounts match.

If you're still having issues, simply get back to us in this thread and we'll investigate further.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the exact same issue. We are entering the same address and from the same country. I think it's because our address is outside the US so the format is different (we live in Lebanon). Hoping this gets resolved soon as I've now been overcharged several months for a Duo plan we can't even get set up properly! 

Hi there @128783068,

If you live in Lebanon but the country on your account is US, then that's why it doesn't work. The countries on both accounts and of the address given need to match in order for Duo or Family to work. If you are the plan manager and your account is on US, then that's because you use a US payment method. Change to a Lebanese payment method and the country of your account will be updated on the next billing date. If the system doesn't let you change the method directly, then cancel the currect subscription, wait for your account to revert to free and then resubscribe with the Lebanese payment method. Once the country of your account has been updated, the member(s) can join.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi MihailY,

I'm having the same issue. Today, I changed my subscription from Premium to Premium Duo and tried inviting my partner. We both entered our address, but he can't join the plan (cf screenshots attached).

We are both living in Germany, currently travelling in Australia, and I'm paying with my French bank account. Might be confusing on the backend side ๐Ÿค–

If the only address checked is the one provided by both of us as mentioned on the support page, it should not be an issue though.

I've seen Joan's answer to this thread, but is there a more practical fix?

Thank you for your help!

Have a great day ahead

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-04 at 10.17.41.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-01-04 at 10.18.45.jpg

Hey @Bernowl,

Thanks for the reply.

For the Family/Duo subscription to work and the invitation to be accepted successfully, all the countries involved should match - the one in the manager account and the account to be invited, the address of the manager account and the origin of the payment method.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hey Dian,

I'll try changing my payment method to another card as advised.

However, that could be an improvement to only have the address matching for Duo. The fact that I'm paying with a French credit card doesn't mean I'm actually living in France.

Thanks anyways!! 

Have a lovely end to the week.

My dua partner is unable to join the plan. Please help. 

Hey @MegMusk,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Does the member-to-be see any error messages? What are they? You can post a screenshot here.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi i have the same problem.

i made the premium duo plan and tried to add my partner and it's not working.

it's saying you need to insert the same address but he does and it does not work.

please help!!

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, have you (owner and the member) already checked the country that you registered on your accounts

As mentioned previously in this thread, this info needs to match exactly for the member to be able to accept the invite. 

If you've already double-checked this info, could you send us a screenshot of the error message he's getting? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts