Cannot see Alexa Devices

Plan

Duo

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy s20

My Question or Issue

I was previously logged into spotify and amazon alexa as my boyfriend.

We decided to sign up for a duo account so I could have my own Playlist and listen to music simultaneously.

But we like to listen to music on our Amazon alexa. 

And now all of a sudden my spotify account just loads and loads in the devices window and no devices pop up.

Why? Why could both of our phones see the devices before...but now since we have duo I can't see anything? 

Wanted to edit and ad that I have since made sure to log into my own Alexa Amazon account. And through the alexa app I can play music... I have connected my spotify to amazon alexa app...but I'd like to play it through the spotify app.

16 Replies

Hey @DestinyJackson,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You should be able to associate two Amazon accounts with the two seperate accounts from the Duo plan. To add additional accounts, you'll need to login to alexa.amazon.com and head to Settings > Account > Household Profile. After that you should be able to switch between accounts using voice command.

In case the Alexa speaker is still not showing up in the Connect menu, try logging out and back in and restarting your devices.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Do I log into my boyfriends amazon account or mine? Sorry your wording is just confusing 😭

Gosh this is so confusing.

I opened alexa.amazon.ca and it takes me to the app. There is no rout that you specified. But I don't think it matters because as I had mentioned I already did ad my account?

Hey @DestinyJackson,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the confusion. We'll try to be more descriptive.

You'd need to log in with your personal Amazon account on the Alexa speaker. After that is done, connect your personal Spotify account to your personal Amazon account.

Then you should be able to see the Alexa speaker in the device picker when on your Spotify account.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

Testt

I'm sorry I tried to reply and it wouldn't let me.

We are still having issues!

Now my boyfriends phone, on spotify, sees our bedroom speaker come up, but he no longer can see the kitchen.

And I however can now see the kitchen, but still no bedroom speaker.

I didn't quite understand the last reply asking me to log into the speaker? On my Amazon account all of the devices show.

Why is this so complicated, it was so easy when I was just sharing a single account with my boyfriend (aside from the fact we couldn't play music at the same time) It was so good being able to see both speakers and play from which ever room when I needed to from the ease of my phone or his.

Hey @DestinyJackson,

Thanks for the reply.

You can try the following steps:

1. To get started, log in to alexa.amazon.com.
  2. As soon as you have signed in, go into the settings.
  3. From settings, click into Accounts.
  4. From this list, choose the one that says Household Profile.
  5. From here, everyone who intends to use it will need to set up their own account with Amazon. Don’t worry. This doesn’t take all that long to do.
  6. Once all potential users have set up their accounts, you will need to add these new accounts to the “household.”
  7. Next up, these new accounts will need to be linked to their own Spotify accounts using their own version of the App.
  8. Then, from then on out, when you want to switch accounts, all you will need to do is give the command “Alexa, Change to X’s account.” Then, whoever’s account you change to will automatically have their Spotify linked to it.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

Okay so we tried to login but it required that he send a notification to his phone...only after 3 attempts (and yes on the screen the last two digits are his phone) he did not recieve a single notification... The problems seem to just continue...

Hey @DestinyJackson,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry to hear that didn't work and for all the confusion.

Could you double check which Spotify account is linked to your Amazon Alexa app - yours or your boyfriend's?

In the end, to be able to play music simultaneously on 2 Alexa speakers you need 2 Amazon accounts and 2 Spotify accounts. 

Lets try and get one Spotify account, linked to one Amazon account on both speakers first. To do that can you try and unlink all the connected Spotify accounts, so that you can then link only one Spotify account to one Amazon account on both speakers.

1.  "Settings" in the Echo app offers the option to unlink a Spotify account.
  2. You will be asked again to verify that you want to unlink your account.
  3. As soon as an account is no longer linked, the data leaves the Echo app. Don't worry though! An account can be linked again in seconds.

Let us know when that's done.

AlexModerator

Over a year and a half and this still hasn't been resolved. I sat down tonight with both my phone and my boyfriends. In the spotify chat I was passed through over 6 agents!!!! Absolutley horrifying customer service. They have no accountability to anyone because it's not like I can speak to a supervisor or manager or someone in charge. It makes my skin crawl. As we speak I'm being ghosted by an agent under the name "King Harold R" who has simply stopped responding. The agent before that told me to log out and I lost all the chat lots of the previous 2 and a half log conversation...Oh looks like a new agent has joined the chat.

Honestly I'm so disgusted.

I just want this to work normally!!!

How does one "unlink all spotify accounts"...that's the issue...its a duo account...its my boyfriends spotify account with mine connected

Hey @DestinyJackson,

Thanks for your reply.

Rest assured we're here to help you clarifying all the questions you have. So, in this case, if you want to unlink an Spotify account from Amazon speaker devices, such as Alexa, you can access your Account page>Apps. There you can manage the apps you've given access to your Spotify account. To unlink your account, you just have to select Remove Access.

You can also unlink an account from Alexa by following these steps:

1. Open the Alexa app on the mobile.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Then, under Alexa Preferences, tap Music & Podcasts.
  4. There, you'll find a list of all music streaming services currently connected to the Alexa app. Find and tap Spotify.
  5. Tap the Disable Skill button on the Spotify details page.
  6. Finally, tap disable on the confirmation page.

Keep in mind, you can use multiple Spotify Accounts with Alexa, but you'll need to set up multiple Amazon accounts and link each Spotify account to a different Amazon account. Apparently your Spotify account is linked to your boyfriend's account. Try the steps mentioned above to unlink them.

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

AlejaRModerator

Last night while I was getting help from the hoard of associates in the
chat they told me to make a new Amazon account (they also noted that it
looked like I was signed in under my boyfriends Amazon Alexa account and
simply just added as a family member). So I did this, and then tried to
link the Echo dots to my Amazon Alexa app...this created a new issue where
the Amazon Alexa devices seemed like they could only be connected or
"registered" to one Amazon Alexa account at a time. Thoughts?

Hey @DestinyJackson,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

So, let us clarify some things. Keep in mind that you can only link one Amazon account per speaker. Also, it's important to take into account that you cannot link more than one Spotify account to an Amazon account. 

So, as we mentioned before, your Spotify account is most likely linked to your boyfriend's. That being said, this is the reason why you get advised to create another Amazon account, so you can link it to your Spotify one.

As we mentioned before, you can use multiple Spotify Accounts with Alexa, but to do it you have to create an Amazon household. In this scenario, as explained, every Spotify account must be linked to an Amazon account, so every member must have their own Spotify and Amazon accounts. To create the household, the best way to go is to get in touch with Amazon support, so they can help you set it up.

So, for now, we recommend unlinking your accounts (Spotify's and Amazon's) and then, make sure you both have your own Amazon accounts.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

Okay but how does one do this as a Canadian? Spotify has conveniently left
out the fact that this household feature doesnt seem to exist for Canadians?

Hey @DestinyJackson,

Thanks for the reply.

If this feature is not available to you due to geographic restrictions, we advise you to contact Amazon support for further assistance.

For the time being in your case it won't be possible to use two Spotify accounts with one Amazon account simultaneously.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts