Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant add family members to the family account

Solved!

Cant add family members to the family account

Hello, i got the Spotify family account, but i can't seem to add members. When i send them the link, and they try to log in, it says that we are not in the same country, which is incorrect. Because we literally do live together. 

The screenshot is in german, but it says that the account is in a different country and that we need to be together to be able to join.

image.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @abba64,

For a Premium Family plan to work, all invitees should resign under the same country and address as mentioned above.

In case one of the terms isn't fulfilled, the plan wouldn't allow the owner to add members or for members to get added.

In addition, each Spotify account must have a country listed on the profile with a matching payment method which was issued in that same country.

I'd recommend reading more about the Family Plan on the official support page here.

I'm always around, let me know if you have further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @abba64,

thanks for reaching out !

For a Family plan to work properly, all members should resign under the same country and home address, let's make sure they all match.

Please have all members, including yourself, log in to your account overview page here and check that the countries listed match.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Thank you! That seems to be the Problem. Thing is, I can't change my Spotify's country to match theirs because my payment method is from that country. And they can't either, well because they are not from there.

Marked as solution

Hi @abba64,

For a Premium Family plan to work, all invitees should resign under the same country and address as mentioned above.

In case one of the terms isn't fulfilled, the plan wouldn't allow the owner to add members or for members to get added.

In addition, each Spotify account must have a country listed on the profile with a matching payment method which was issued in that same country.

I'd recommend reading more about the Family Plan on the official support page here.

I'm always around, let me know if you have further questions 🙂

Suggested posts