Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change the name of Family... perhaps

Change the name of Family... perhaps

I have been a spotify user for quite a while and got fed up of sharing the app with my kids and wife. My kids, although teenagers do not use social media or email but do like music and as a family we discuss and share music all the time. Sounds like the perfect need for a "FAMILY" account! To me a family account would be multiple accounts that are independently listened too but connected in some way to allow parents to watch and engage with their "family" - ok..

So I set up a family account and I think the billing aspect of this is great. no question its great value! We set up the kids accounts and locled them down to rpivate accounts and we even managed to friend each other...

We even got excited about the collaborative playlists.. "great", we thought "we can create those family playlists for trips and add songs independently.... but then we hit a snag.. how do you interact with each other without the inbox feature (removed due to no one using it??? REALLY?????) if your family does not have access to social media or email?? The link of being able to type in a user name was IN SPOTIFY.. why do I now have to open up that field of social media to share music with my family?

I have just spent an hour on the chat with spotify rep (who fobbed me off with links to "how to share") but could not answer WHAT A FAMILY ACCOUNT was?? apart from a different bill? I dont see what makes it good for families...? maybe multi-cohab accounts might be a more descriptive title..

if anyone has a solution to this I would be most grateful as its quite frustrating.. we have gone back to having a single account and all adding things to separate playlists again at the moment AS WELL as individual accounts...

thanks for the rant!

0 Replies

Suggested posts