Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changed my plan from duo to family but didnt get the perks

Changed my plan from duo to family but didnt get the perks

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

HP PAVILION DK

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I had a premium duo plan going and wanted to upgrade to premium family but spotify didn't let me. so I cancelled my current plan which was gonna expire after few days and then paid  for family at the same time, but the thing is my account still shows the same premium duo even after me paying for premium family. how can I change that to premium family? please help me.

5 Replies

Hey @Prometheus2431,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you head here and check the receipts. That way you can see if the payment was successful.

If there is no payment for the specific subscription, you can click here to upgrade to Premium for Family.

In case there isn't a receipt for Premium for Family but you still got charged, it's a good idea to give these steps a go so you check if you have a secondary account.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the exact same issue as Prometheus2431. I did check the receipts on my account and I see a successful payment receipt for the Premium for Family Plan starting on 5/23. However my account still shows my plan as Premium Duo with a cancellation pending status. There is no reference to a Premium for Family plan. I do not have a secondary account.

How do I make sure the Family plan gets activated now? 

Hi @jeeves519,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

If you have a receipt for the payment of the Premium Family subscription, the status of your account should switch automatically.

Often times you're logged in with one account in the app and with another account on the website, so you might have activated it on the wrong account.

If you're sure that you don't have another account, you can reach out to our customer support team here and explain what has happened. They'll be able to have a look backstage and check if everything has went fine with the change of plans.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I got the issue resolved by contacting customer support. They had to cancel my Duo first and then refund the charge on the Family Plan. That switched me to the Free plan. I had to then resubscribe again to the Family plan.

Hey @jeeves519,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know that our Support team could help you with this!

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Happy listening 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts