Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing country - blank screen

Changing country - blank screen

Premium Family Plan

Hong Kong/USA

Any Device (my iPhone, my Macbook, etc)

Hello! I just moved to the USA from Hong Kong today and one of the things I wanted to do as soon as I got here was update my country on Spotify, just to make my billing easier. I went through all the steps I've been told (going to account page, clicking Update under the plan and then clicking "Change Country") however every time it would just show up with this blank screen.

Basically, it would go from this:

spotify.png

To this: 

spotify2.png

It wouldn't give me any options to change my credit card to a credit card from the USA because it would just give me a blank screen.

I cancelled my family plan to try and renew it with a different credit card, but that didn't work either and it's telling me I need to wait until my current plan is over.

Any tips? I just want to change my family plan so I can get the other members in my family on it(they live in the USA and their accounts are registered as USA accounts and it's not letting them on the plan because the plan is from Hong Kong).

Thanks!

7 Replies

Hey @Brambleleaf

Help’s here!

Could you try going through the steps in a private/incognito window as well? This step will ensure you avoid issues with the browser's cache that might be causing the issue. If that doesn't do the trick, try again in a browser different than your preferred one.  

It'd also be helpful if you can send us a screenshot displaying the info under Your plan when visiting your Account overview. This will help us take a closer look. 

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions.  

Hi Spotify,

I have the same problem on our family account. Moving to Switzerland from Australia, no payment options are shown (Firefox, Incognito, or Chrome). Please advise.

Hey there @acetonitrella

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Could you let us know if you've already tried from an incognito window?

Additionally, we suggest that you try from a different device and using a different internet connection. Make sure to follow the steps here.

In case that those steps don't make any difference, would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end so we can take a closer look? Make sure not to send any private info. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Eni,

Yes, we've tried on two devices and in an incognito window too. The screens look like in the other post, below, but with Switzerland instead of USA on the blank payment screen.

When I select a different target country (I've tried with Argentina and Germany), it shows the payment options, but not with Switzerland.

Best regards,

Hey @acetonitrella,

Thanks for getting back to us.  

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network. 

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example, by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Keep us in the loop here. 

Yes it happens via 4G connection too.

Hey @acetonitrella,

Thanks for the info 🙂

This could be related to this issue. We'd suggest you add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

For now you can still use the old payment method if you want to until this is resolved.

In case you want to sign up with the new payment method now, you'll need to first cancel the subscription. Once the account is on free, you can change the country and enter the new payment details.

If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts