Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing from duo to family

Changing from duo to family

We change from duo to a family, I had no issue logging out and logging back in but my husband when he logged out and log back in he is not showing on my member list And he continues to get something a pop-up to tell him to sign up for premium. What is going on and why is it not acting like he is on the account and like he's on a free account

5 Replies

Hey @Jennsmith1003 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'd recommend telling him to double-check if he's logged into the right account because it sounds like he logged into another 🙂

https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/How-do-I-find-if-I-have-another-Spotify-account/ta-p/4737961

Let me know how it goes!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Jennsmith1003,

I've been thinking of making the same upgrade from Duo to Family so my daughter can have her own account, but I have hesitated due to the rather ominous looking bullet point on the Plan Change webpage (see below). Please let us know if you manage to find a satisfactory resolution to this problem as I will hold off making the upgrade myself until it is clear that it will have no negative impact on my wife's account.

What happens next?

• Your new plan starts today.
  • Starting 21/09/2022, you’ll be charged £16.99/month.
  • We’ll apply the remainder of this month’s bill to your new plan. Your new billing date is the day that credit runs out.
  • The other person on this plan will lose access to Premium Duo right away.
echo_e_0-1662451780943.png

Hey @echo_e ,

That simply means that your wife's account will revert back to Spotify's Free plan and you cann then send her an invite to your new Premium Family plan.

All the best. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hi @Maxim,

Thank you for the clarification. I think it is inconvenient that my wife's account doesn't get automatically moved from the Duo to Family subscription. I think this should be an option when changing subscriptions, or at least the wording on the Plan Change page should be changed to be clear about this.

Hey again, @echo_e,

You can submit an idea for this here. If it receives enough support from other users, Spotify will definitely be taking a look at it 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts