Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing the main owner in Your Home

Changing the main owner in Your Home

Hi guys,

Need help on this one.

I accidentally put in my sister's name as "me". Is there a possibility to change this? Support via chat only gave me the option to cancel my account and make another one. This option is very inconvenient even though it's my fault.

Isn't this just a simple name change?

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 2.01.52 PM.png

4 Replies

P.S. What if you got married, how will you change your name then?

I'm also having this problem, except my wifes name just showed up as "Me" even though it's my account, seems like some sort of a bug.

I need this info too my daughter has Spotify and I upgraded it to family plan but now she’s listed as owner but I need to change ownership to me. 

Hey @MarisolJ,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the owner of a Premium Family plan. If you'd like to become the owner of the plan, then the current plan manager (in this case - your daughter) would first need to cancel. When the subscription ends, all members of the Premium Family plan will revert back to Spotify's Free service. You can then start a new plan. 

Please note that Premium Family plan members can change plans only once every 12 months. More info on this topic can be found here.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts