Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborative playlists broken

Collaborative playlists broken

• Made a public collaborative playlist and friends are unable to add tracks! What the heck? The playlist is "SwordfireX5 2023" and it is not working. 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

Hi there @SwordfireX5,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what happens when you share a link (Invite Collaborates) to the playlist with your friends? Can they see the list at all or do they get some kind of error message?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am also having this problem. I've trialed creating a unique link for each invitee, but they can only view the playlist. They can't add songs. I trialed adding my brother to my family plan and even then, it doesn't work. 

Hello,

I am desperately trying to use collaborative playlists. I'm working on the new Spotify version after April 24th, 2023, and I have a family account. Whether public or private, I tried it all but it is just NOT working!
Yes I can share the link, and add a collaborator. Yes the collaborator can then access the playlist but can't ADD any track to the playlist. Same problem on all devices (desktop app, web player, android app). Why is that ???

Surprisingly, I can't find a single recent topic on the matter. Am I the only one experiencing this?
Help if you can, please!

Capture d’écran 2023-05-04 221650.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

Does this happen with this specific playlist only or with other collaborative ones as well? Can you please try creating a new one and checking if the issue persists?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello MihailY,
I did try many times. I tried again after your mail (thxx). Here is precisely what I did - and please also take a look at the screenshots.
1. On the web player, I create a playlist on my LATE NIGHT account
2. I name it "230505 Collab 01 • Created by LATE NIGHT"
3. On the web player, it is impossible to invite collaborators. I can only SHARE the playlist, but that option does not generate the same type of link.
4. So I use the same account but on the Desktop App. There I can invite collaborators ("inviter des collaborateurs" - I use Spotify in French, might that be a problem?).
So I do just that, and I get a link to share:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0hkOtGOnIAF0VXGU9sJid0?si=cdc885f6c368427f&pt=c689db3ac33006e0bfbd...
5. On the web player, I use that link, but now in another account.
There I can save the playlist in the library, ok. But It's IMPOSSIBLE to add any track to that playlist. Same on Chrome and Firefox.
So what is the right way...? Is there a way???

Can't add any track - Capture d’écran 2023-05-05 121915.jpgSaving playlist in another account - Capture d’écran 2023-05-05 121639.jpgInviter des collaborateurs - Capture d’écran 2023-05-05 121110.jpgImpossible to add a track -- 20230505_155222.jpg

Hey @rol18,

Thanks for the reply.

Managing collaborative playlists in the web player is not possible. You can do it on the desktop app.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

im having this exact same problem (in 2023) idk if ur still on spotify but how did you fix it?

Hi there,
Collaborative playlists are to be managed exclusively from the desktop app. At least when you set it up.

So when you are in the desktop app, you right click on the playlist you want to share, to get a specific html link for that.
You copy it somewhere. Then you disconnect from your account.
You connect again on another account. Then, on the same navigator you used to connect to that other account (on a web player or on the desktop app), you paste the html link and ... go! And there you are. You are now working on a collaborative playlist, and you will see both accounts are indicated on top of your playlist (sometimes not immediately, it can take a few minutes to show but it's done!).
From now on, wether from your smartphone, the web player or the desktop app, you can add tracks to that collaborative playlists from both accounts.
Let me know if it works for you, ok? 🙂

Suggested posts