Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Combining 2 premium accounts into 1 family account

Combining 2 premium accounts into 1 family account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I have 2 premium paid accounts, my wifes account and my own.  We want to combine the accounts into a family account.  Is this possible and how?

5 Replies

Hey @Dchristman81.

Thanks for reaching out to us here - we'll be more than happy to help you out!

Yes, it most certainly is possible! One of you will have to sign up for the Premium for Family subscription and invite the other to the plan. For more information on how to do this, we suggest you head over to this support page - it should contain all the info you need.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! We'll be right here 🙂

If our individual premiums of $10.99 were just charged yesterday and we want to now combine the two plans into one family plan, are we prorated back the charge for the month?

Hey @Castillogirlado.

Thanks for your question.

We suggest you get in touch with our Customer Support team here, who will be able to refund your last payment, provided it meets the requirements laid out in our refund policy, which you can read here.

Ifthe refund is approved, your accounts will immediately revert back to our Free version, and then one of you can subscribe to a Family plan by following this link and invite the other to the plan (you can see instructions for this in my previous reply).

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.

I have just added my husband to my premium account but how does he get his own play lists as all of my music seems to be on his account.

Hey @jandybroome,

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

Could you confirm that you're using a separate account from your husband?

Bear in mind that, in order for you to be part of a Family plan, every member of the plan has to have their own Spotify account. 

Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts