Premium

Country

Suisse (partie française)

Device

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

bonjour, j’ai un compte famille Spotify suisse et je vis en Suisse où les gens parlent le français (et pas l’allemand). Les paramètres de mon téléphone sont en français mais la plupart des suggestions et propositions pour nouvelles playlist, podcast, etc.. sont en allemand?

POURQUOI ?

et merci de ne pas me répondre que Spotify est en train de régler le problème car dans le forum d’assistance, il y a des messages écrits en 2017 et nous sommes en 2020, cela doit être possible de pouvoir définir une langue officielle dans une application qui suggère des artistes et playlists français, mais pas uniquement en allemand car la Suisse n’est pas composée que de personnes parlant uniquement l’allemand. Je préfère avoir ces playlist en anglais alors...

Il ne me semble en aucun cas que les techniciens et programmeurs de Spotify sont les plus mauvais, mais depuis 2017 pas de solutions, vous êtes encore plus lents que les Suisses considérés comme déjà comme lents.

D’avance merci pour vos réponses.

G. GRIECO

A9CD3F9E-2B06-4BC6-B022-58A847E1409C.png
8 Replies

Hi there @axel-ka 

Welcome to the Community!

Hope you don't mind us replying in English, since this is the official language of the forum.

Currently there is no way to manually select a language for Recommended songs and ads. That's determined by the country settings on your account, and what is most popular with people in your region.

If you'd like to see a change in the future, we'd recommend add your +Vote and subscribing to this Idea thread. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it's to get implemented. 

Here you can read more on how ideas work 🙂

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @Alex.

I think the answer you've given previously is unacceptable.
2 Years later, I still have the same issue!
The French speaking community is a major part of Switzerland, more than 2mo inhabitants, actually... We are able to chose "Switzerland (French)" in our account settings, so why doesn't that make a difference? We should be linked to the music and Podcast trends of France. (And to go further, in my opinion, we should be able to pick whichever country we'd like. For instance, I mainly listen to US Pods...)

Please make that happen.

@Alex I really would love to vote for the Idea thread since I think the issue raised by Eugenie is relevant!

However, access is denied even if I am logged in...

tiz_scilla_0-1651061058066.png

Hi folk,

Thanks for your replies and feedback on the matter.

@tiz_scilla, The Idea from my original reply has been archived for some time, since it hadn't gathered enough votes in time. There is a similar Idea here. The more votes an Idea gathers the more likely it will get implemented. Note that even though this one is marked as 'Closed' it can still be reopened or implemented by Spotify.

@EugenieM, I understand that it must be annoying to have to hear promoted content in another language and not being able to change that. The developers at Spotify are constantly working on making the app better and more user friendly and we have passed a lot of feedback on this particular request. For now we don't have any official info on when or if this will be changed.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem, I am in Belgium where we speak French and Dutch and I receive only suggestions and podcasts in Dutch while I speak French.

Yeah same in Belgium, do something ! 
It is 90% dutch 10% french. At least keep a good 50/50 ratio. Wonder what apple music offers though, guess I'm not the only one starting to wonder, just saying...

Yes it is unacceptable. In Belgium I struggle to find nice podcasts everything is in Dutch... PLEASE HELP 

2024 toujours le même problème 

spotyfi ne fait rien 

honteux 

IMG_0895.png

Suggested posts