Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Content in Family Kids is not available ("Oops...")

Content in Family Kids is not available ("Oops...")

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Diverse

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

There is a lot of content that is shown in Spotify for Kids, but if we click on it, there's only an error message: "Hoppla, dies ist gerade nicht verfügbar." (something like "Oops, this is not available"). It's content that's even in the starting selection of Spotify Kids like "Was ist was" or "Schule der magischen Tiere". Other content like Bibi Blocksberg etc. works.

The same content can be played in every non-kids account in our family. Please fix this immediately.

Top Answer
Xenia

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we've been looking into this!

We have some more info to share. Right now, these albums are not available on Spotify. You can learn more about availability of content here.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

34 Replies

Hey @Rumgekekse,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you restart the device and then to log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, it's a good idea to reinstall the app. 

Does the issue persist on another device? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks. Unfortunately it didn't help. Deinstalled the app, restarted the device, re-installed, logged in. Then again the same situation. Content that is available on the same device (like "Was ist was", which is even in the preselected collection of audiobooks in Spotify for Kids) is not available.

Any other suggestions? 

Hi again @Rumgekekse,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Could you try on a different account and let us know if the issue persists?

Also, try with another connection, such as a different WiFi network or mobile data, and let us know if that makes any difference. If you're using a VPN, try disconnecting it as it may interfere with the app.

Lastly, make sure that the content isn't blocked. Find more info here.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

> Could you try on a different account and let us know if the issue persists?
As i said: The content is available on my regular account in the same wifi, but not on the spotify kids account I administer (with the same regular account).

> Also, try with another connection, such as a different WiFi network or mobile data, and let us know if that makes any difference. If you're using a VPN, try disconnecting it as it may interfere with the app.

Tried it with mobile data, no difference.

Edit: No VPN.

> Lastly, make sure that the content isn't blocked. Find more info here.

As I wrote above, it is content that is the definition of family friendly and even in the showcased selection by Spotify itself when you open the audiobooks section of spotify kids. It's not Slayer or horror audiobooks. Your company chose it as family friendly. It's simply not available.

> Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

Thanks, same!

Hey @Rumgekekse,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Could you check if the issue occurs when using another kids account on the same device? That way we can see if the issue is related to the kids account. 

It's also a good idea to log in to the kids account on another device. Are there any changes?

You can also send us a screenshot of the error message. We'll look into this further.

Keep is posted. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Hi, I am jumping on this thread, as the same error occurs in the exact same setup here. All suggested fixed did not work. Looks more like an error on server side.

Hey @HGAbaddon

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If you get an error message such as the one mentioned above, could you send us a screenshot displaying it? 

Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue and advise further.

We'll look out for your reply. 

Hi Ivan, 

thank you for your reply. I added three screenshots. As you see it in the section of "Hörspiele" (probably audiobooks in english) under the artist "Die Schule der magischen Tiere" on all of the songs the error messages. 

Can´t you replicate this for investigation?

Thanks

IMG_0002.PNG
IMG_0004.PNG
IMG_0005.PNG

Hi again @HGAbaddon

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Could you try changing the type of content to "Audio for older kids" from the Grown ups settings and let us know if you're able to play it? You'll find the steps on how to do this here.

Keep us posted. We'll be right here.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi @Novy,

thank you for your answer. Your Link goes 404 but I was able to find the setting.
The profile was already on "Audio for older kids". I turned it to "for younger kids" -> same error
turned it back to "for older kids" -> same error still

Can you replicate it on your side?

Hi @HGAbaddon,

Thanks for the info.

We weren't able to reproduce this on our end.

Can you try to create a new kids account and try playing some tracks with that one.

This will helps us check whether it's an account related issue.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex,
I could do this, but obviously I am the second user after Rumgekekse with the exact same issue.
Additional information: Under the artist "Die schule der magischen Tiere" some of the albums like "Der grüner Gibber-Brief" or "Der Hausschuh-Dieb" work, whereas most of the other albums show this error message. 

Does this help?

Hey @HGAbaddon,

Thanks for the reply.

As we mentioned above we couldn't reproduce this error on our end. When we tried playing "Was ist was" and "Schule der magischen Tiere" from a Kids account we were able to stream them without encountering the error message. So this brings us to the thought that the issue might be related to the specific account.

Can you try creating a new kids account for test purposes? It's also worth trying to stream those from another device with the new account.

Keep us in the loop.

AlexModerator

At least in the German version of the linked article there is no information on where and how to change these settings. Can you please provide a direct link to the settings page or a step by step instruction for where to find it?

PS: Never in my life did I have to do more captchas than here. Do you do this on purpose to drive people away from asking questions? I was clicking on busses, traffic lights and other stuff to train the Google AI for 3 minutes now, all in all 12 different tasks. Can I please get paid for this? This is absolutely unacceptable. I'm already logged in. Please ask your web department to fix this. 

Hey @Rumgekekse,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're sorry to hear you had some issues when trying to post a reply. We'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right team.

On another note, you can find those settings by tapping on the gear icon  as it appears on the section ''Manage Kids account settings'' here.

Also, remember to test it with another Kids account so we can determine if this is account-related.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

I found it, thanks. It was already set on content for older kids. And I created a second account (for older kids, too). On both I have the same error. Additionally I recognized that "Was ist Was" disappeared from the selection of content that get when you click on Hörspiele "Audiobooks" after you click on the search icon. But you can find it via the search where because of the useless interface for audiobooks you cannot select albums from an artist, but single tracks. Those work. Other content like "Schule der Magischen Tiere" still has the "Oops" error described above.

PS: I repeatedly got this error when posting here. Windows 10, Up-to-date Firefox, adblock turned off. At least I didn't have to prove for minutes that I'm not a robot.

PPS: And here we go again with minutes of captchas...

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  •  
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Hi again @Rumgekekse,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

Even though that specific content isn't marked as explicit, could you try disabling the explicit filter on the Kids account and let us know if that makes any difference? We know it's not ideal, but we just want to cover all our bases so we can get to the root cause of this behavior.

We're sorry to hear you're still having issues when posting your replies in the Community. We recommend trying from an incognito/private window and using a different browser. It's also worth trying from a different device.

Keep us posted on how things go.

CarlosEModerator

Hi Carlos,

i installed the kids app on an secondary device (now android) and set up a new account for the other kid. Same behaviour.

Where can I deactivate the explicit filter

€dit: For the younger kid if I change the profile to "for younger kids" the Artist "Schule der magischen Tiere" is available but shows the same behaviour as under the "for older kids" profile settings. So the same error occurs. 

Hi @HGAbaddon

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

You should be able to deactivate the explicit filter form your Account Overview by following the steps you'll find here.

Let us know if you're able to do this and if you notice anything new.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts