Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Controlling a Family account

Solved!

Controlling a Family account

Hi, I'm a newbie in using spotify, so please don't hate me for asking stupid questions... 😉

Germany

My plan:

I'd like to upgrade my Premium Account to a Family one so, that everyone of my family (kids, wife and myself) can hear different music at the same time.

My idea is that I'm able to regulate different playlist and different speakers (in different rooms) with one app.

E.g. activate music A in the children's room, activate music B in the kitchen, activate music C in the living room, etc.

My kids are too young to do this on their own, so it needs to be my job.

Is there a way / an app to do this?

Device

iPad

Thanks for your help / support!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@kleisbaer

Unfortunately it is not possible to control multiple accounts/devices with a single device. If you want to stream different music in each room you need different accounts as @Billy-J said, which would need a specific device for each to control the music. Hope this helps. I would be happy to answer any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @kleisbaer, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

One of the great things with Premium for Family is that everyone on the plan gets their own unique account with all the Premium benefits so that they can listen to music at the same time.

If each child in your family has their own device, they can easily just go on Spotify and listen to whatever music they feel the need to listen to.

You can also learn more about Premium for Family here.

I hope this helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks @Billy-J for your answer.

Ok understood. So, if everyone has his own device, things are more or less straight-forward.

However, what if there is only one device (iPad). How can I control different music different music stream in this way?

Hey again @kleisbaer.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'can I control different music different music stream'. Can you explain this some more?

I look forward to your reply 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Marked as solution

@kleisbaer

Unfortunately it is not possible to control multiple accounts/devices with a single device. If you want to stream different music in each room you need different accounts as @Billy-J said, which would need a specific device for each to control the music. Hope this helps. I would be happy to answer any further questions 🙂

@kleisbaer

If you don't have any further questions, you can mark the answer as solution so any other users with the same questions will benefit from the thread. Have a nice day 🙂

Thank you very much!

This answer helps, although it's not the one I hoped for... 😉

Have a nice day and weekend!

Hey again @kleisbaer.

You're very welcome! If you need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts