Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Do all devices require an email address?

Do all devices require an email address?

I upgraded to Premium for Family mainly to address multiple devices at home.  There are only two users (my wife and I), however we want to be able to leave music playing at home (seems to keep the dogs calm during storms) but still listen to our own streams.  Currently, the device I leave at home is sharing my Spotify because I don't really want to go create an email account just for my iPad to have it's own Spotify.

Or is that required?  Ideally, on the Family plan I'd have my account, my wife's account, and other accounts (which do not require a unique email address) for two iPads and one reciever that has the Spotify app on it.  So well within the family plan, its just a question of email addresses.

The other thing that would be nice to have is be able to control a device with it's own Spotify, without changing my phone.  For example, in my gameroom I have an iPad that sits there connected via Bluetooth to a 6 channel amp.  Some of those channels are in the game room, some are connected to speakers on the back patio.  So the optimum setup for me would be the iPad has it's own Spotify (so it can stream while my iPhone has it's own stream for when I am not at home), BUT I could still control the iPad from my phone when I am home.  It's pretty nice to be able to add songs to the queue or change playlists on another device remotely.  Not sure if this logic is in the current interface, but if not it would be an amazing feature.

1 Reply

Hey there!

Unfortunately, each account needs to be associated with a unique email address.

Feel free to post your idea in the Ideas board. Spotify will take a look at it if it gets enough support from other users 🙂

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts