Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Do the other people in the Family Plan need to make a separate account when accepting invite?

Do the other people in the Family Plan need to make a separate account when accepting invite?

Plan

Premium Family Plan

Country

Scotland, United Kingdom

Device - the devices we're using Spotify on

(iPhone 7's, Samsung Galaxy A3's, MacBook Air, iPad etc.)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have recently moved from the student discount premium to the Family Plan as we want to use Spotify for our Amazon Alexa's instead of Amazon music.

However whilst trying to upgrade and invite all my family members who live in my house it says the invite code is invalid.  

I have tried cancelling the invite then resubmitting them however, it still does not work.

It is very annoying as we all cannot listen to music although we are currently paying for the Family Plan because of the invite fiasco.

I am also wondering, on the Family Plan can each member of the household listen to different music on their own devices? Or do we all need to listen to the same music at the same time?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Ciara x 

1 Reply

Hi @ciaramcaleavy, thanks for writing!

With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. 

You can either own, manage, and pay for a Premium for Family plan, or join someone else’s plan. Note that everyone on the plan must reside at the same address.

If you start a Premium for Family plan, you’ll be the plan's owner and are responsible for:

• The plan's monthly payment.
  • Inviting or removing members on the plan.

Once in the Family Plan, each member of the household will be able listen to different music on their own devices (logged on their own accounts).

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts