Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo Premium account set back to Free

Solved!

Duo Premium account set back to Free

Dear community,

As of yesterday I was suddenly logged out of all my apps and devices. I live in the Netherlands, but I am currently in Norway. I received an error stating that I extended my use of Spotify in a different country and should change my settings. So I changed my location from the Netherlands to Norway. It resulted in me being able to log in, but suddenly my username had changed and I was set back to a free account. The person with whom I share the Duo Premium subscription, who is still in the Netherlands, does not experience any issues. Can someone please help me out?

Some information:

Duo Plan

Premium Account

Netherlands and Norway

Device: Samsung Galaxy 21 5G

Operating System: Android 12

Device: HP Pavilion 13-an0560nd
Operating System: Windows 11

With kind regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @FrankSchoe,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Looks like you might be accessing two different accounts (considering the change of username and subscription you noticed). First, it'd be great to double-check you can access the right account, which you can do by following the steps here.

When it comes to continuing with your subscription, keep in mind that the country associated with your payment method must coincide with your Country settings.

Hope you'll find this helpful. Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @FrankSchoe,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Looks like you might be accessing two different accounts (considering the change of username and subscription you noticed). First, it'd be great to double-check you can access the right account, which you can do by following the steps here.

When it comes to continuing with your subscription, keep in mind that the country associated with your payment method must coincide with your Country settings.

Hope you'll find this helpful. Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You were right about the two different accounts. Changing the account and location worked!

Suggested posts