Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error linking family members to Family Premium - there was a problem try again later

Error linking family members to Family Premium - there was a problem try again later

Plan

Premium Family

Country

UK

Device

Web and Samsung Galaxy J5

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Sent a link to a family member to join the Family Premium Plan.  They can follow the link and find their address, but when trying to confirm, they get an error that reads:

There was a problem, Please try again later.

We have tried many times with various different links on both the website and the app.  Also cancelled the family members premium plan hoping that would make a difference but no luck.

Is this happening because of the issue with server load/traffic due to the promotion for Google Nest Mini?  (which I can't redeem either)

5 Replies

Hey @meldavis, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

First, make sure that the family member resides at the same physical address as the plan manager. Once you've confirmed this, go ahead and send another invite to the family and make them accept the invite using a different browser or private window and let me know if that helps. 

If you're still having trouble with this - attach a screenshot of the error message you're seeing so I can take a closer look at what could be happening. 

In terms of you redeeming your Nest Mini, could you try reserving and redeeming your Nest Mini here using a different browser or private window as well? If that doesn’t work, attach a screenshot of what you are seeing and I’ll take a closer look. Make sure to hide sensitive information when posting to the Community. 

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your response.  We tried again using the suggestion of an incognito browser but are still getting the same problem (attached a screenshot)

Also tried redeeming the Nest Mini using an incognito browser and still not getting through (attached screenshot)

2020-09-03_08h13_44.png
2020-09-03_08h15_34.png

Hey @meldavis

Thanks for the screenshots. Can you let me know the following information:

• Is the person that is trying to join the plan entering the same address as you and lives at the same physical address 
  • The error you’re getting, can you let me know if it’s when you try to send the invite or when he tries to accept it on his end?
  • Have you tried a different network connection and are you using a VPN by chance when doing all of this?

Also for the Google Nest Mini, due to high demand for the Google Nest Mini, you may be unable to redeem your code at this time. If you encounter any issues please try again later. For more information. My suggestion is to try in a few hours. If after 24 hours you’re still having problems, let me know.

Billy-JSpotify Star

• Is the person that is trying to join the plan entering the same address as you and lives at the same physical address - yes they do and are entering the same address
  • The error you’re getting, can you let me know if it’s when you try to send the invite or when he tries to accept it on his end? - when he tries to accept the invite, he enters in the address (same as family plan one) and when it comes up, he selects confirm - then the message appears
  • Have you tried a different network connection and are you using a VPN by chance when doing all of this? - I was on my work VPN but I have disconnected and tried again.  Resent the link to member (they are not on a VPN) but still getting same error message

I've been trying for over 24hrs to redeem the Nest Mini and not getting anywhere.

Thanks!

Hey @meldavis

Thanks for answering those questions for me!
The last thing we could try is checking if the accounts registered on the account are the same. In to be able to accept the invite, every member should have the same address and country. He can check here if he has added the same country as you. He can follow these steps if he needs to update it.

Then you can invite him again to the Premium Family plan. After he has accepted the invite, he can enjoy the Premium features.

Let me know what happens!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts