Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Explicit Content On Family Account

Explicit Content On Family Account

Plan

Premium

Country

Engand

Device

iPad, Iphone, Desktop

Operating System

iOS 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi i have a family account. I've go the explicit content lock on my account as i am the owner but i can't find the option for all the other accounts added to my family account. For example my daughter is on my family account as i want the explict content lock on her account. Is there a way to do this per account?

2 Replies

Hey @blushbailey,

Thanks for reaching out.

Right now, the setting is only for the individual account and device. If you do apply the setting on your phone, it doesn't filter explicit content for the same account on the desktop app. It also doesn’t apply if you use Spotify Connect to play to another device.

You would have to physically take the device of that family member while they're logged into their account and then enable the setting.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No Maxim, that doesn't help.  Why can't Spotify introduce a feature that thousands of users are asking for - enable an explicit filter across a family account?

Does anyone at Spotify have children or know anyone with children?  Parents mostly don't want their children listening to songs full of expletives or sexual content.  If you have to go to the child's device and change the explicit filter button to 'on', then the child can simply turn it to 'off' again.

If you would like to be of help then please raise this with Spotify management.

Suggested posts