Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Account and Alexa/Echo

Family Account and Alexa/Echo

Hi, I looked at the previous solutions to this but it's not the same case for me. I can't listen to music at the same time as my sister who is listening on an Echo.

Family account: my email

Amazon account: my sister's

Sister's spotify account: same email as Amazon account

If she plays music, mine switches. We are using different emails. The previous solutions mentioned creating a separate account for Alexa. Is the solution for this to have a separate account for Amazon, and a separate account for Spotify? So that means my sister has to start her Spotify account over?

2 Replies

I seem to be having the same issue.  I signed up for Premium Family just to avoid this, but it doesn't work like it should.  I have a profile just set up for Alexa to use, but Spotify will snub my mobile access when my wife starts up Alexa at home.  How can this be rectified?  I feel like I'm owed some refund or something if I can't make this work.

Same /similar problem. 

Got three Echo Dots (one in my room, one in each of the kids'), got Spotify Family account but the three Dots are all registered to my email (& therefore Spotify account). Can't listen to Spotify independently on any of the Dots at the same time. Useless. 

Suggested posts