Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Mix discontinued

Family Mix discontinued

unnamed.jpg

Just got this pop up today 😭😭 Gutted.

I wish Spotify would stop messing with and getting rid of my favourite features.
As much as they keep trying to tell me to use 'Blends' they're just not the same.

Just wanted to vent and express my disappointment really.

12 Replies

Does that mean that we no longer can have a sudcription for a family???? Everyone will need their own account??

No, it simply means they will discontinued the collaborative playlist called Family Mix that is comprised of some of the favorites of each account on your family plan, in favor of their newly released Blend feature.

This will not make people need individual accounts, they just won’t be making the family playlist anymore, and are attempting to replace it with something called “blend”. Don’t worry, this most likely won’t affect you majorly.

Y económicamente  , ¿ sabéis si se mantendrá el mismo precio al mes?

Has anyone figured out how to adjust the blends now? My husband added literally all of his friends to our blend, and now I can't figure out how to narrow down to just the two of us without making a whole new blend.

Hey @1220207857,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You can create a new blend with your husband, where only your and his music appears. More on that here.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Can I still access my liked songs?

Hey there @Kleetrev12,

Thanks for your post in the Community!

Yes, your personal collection of playlists as well as your 'Liked Songs' will not be affected from the phasing out of the Family Mix feature. For more info how you can enjoy the same functionality with even more capabilities, then follow the link about Blend given earlier by @Dian.

We hope this clears things up. Take care!

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah but does blend allow more than 2 people ? Because if not that would be a bit upsetting .

Hi @sl33pl3s!

Yup! You can add up to 10 people in a blend, but keep in mind that the total track count would still remain 50 (i.e. there will always be 50 tracks in the playlist, regardless of how many people have joined).

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Youre not the only one upset. This is very disappointing. My partner and I used to have a shared Christmas playlist that either of us could collaborate on. Now there appears to be no way to do this without making it public (which I mistakenly did and had randos add irrelevant songs to). Very upsetting Spotify.

So sad

Suggested posts