Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone11

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

Family Mix shows incorrectly info about artists that I've listened to. There are about 10-15 artists that I know for sure that I've listened to, but Spotify shows "Listened to this genre" instead of "Listened to this artist". 
The same also happens with songs.

9 Replies

Hey @farkhad17 ,

Thanks for posting in the Community? For how long have you been in the Family Plan?

Please note that the Family Mix needs to know your music taste first, and the artists/songs you listened to will only count towards to the Family Mix if you listened to them after joining the plan. It might take about 2 weeks for the songs to show up there for you.

I'd suggest that you check this article for more info.  If you still have any questions, please let me know. 🙂

We’ve been on the Family Plan since Feb 2020, we’ve started using Family Mix since Dec 2020. I’ve definitely listened to these bands since Feb 2020.

Moreover, I’ve just noticed this: last week there was a Talking Heads’ song in the Family Mix, and the app showed that I listened to this band. This week, after Family Mix was refreshed, there’s another Talking Heads’ song, and the app shows that I “Listened to this genre”. I’ve listened to Talking Heads a lot of times since Dec 2020, so there’s clearly something wrong with how Spotify displays that info in Family Mix.

Hi there @farkhad17,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

We also suggest that you're running the latest version of the app.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I’ve seen it on one device, because a desktop version of the Spotify app doesn’t have that feature., but I can check it later on another device and see what’s displayed there.

P.S. Yes, I’m running the latest version of the app.

Hey @farkhad17,

Thanks for your reply.

Let us know how it goes as soon as you're able to test it on the other device. A screenshot of how it's looking like on your end will also come in handy to further investigate.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Checked on other devices, it displays the same way. 
Here's a screenshot (masked other accounts just in case).

IMG_4373.jpg

Hey @farkhad17,

Thanks for the screenshot 🙂

We can confirm that currently the app can show the songs that you've listened to by their genre or the specific track.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your information and your feedback with us. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Ver,
I'm not sure that I entirely understood your comment. 
Spotify app shows 3 types of messages on that screen: 1) Listened to this track; 2) Listened to this artist; 3) Listened to this genre. 
I've attached screenshots of examples of # 1 and #2. The screenshot with example of #3 is attached to my previous comment. 
The issue that I've submitted is that for about 15 artists Spotify doesn't show that I've listened to them, even though I did listen to them since we've enabled Family Mix on our accounts. Is my issue clear to you? 

IMG_4374.jpg
IMG_4375.jpg

Hey there @farkhad17

Thanks for your reply and for the clarification. 

The family mix is designed to grow with you over time, so it'll take your listening into account to better tag the songs included in the mixes.

In this case we'd recommend listening more to the artists which you mentioned that aren't tagged as "Listened to this artist", so the app can have a better understanding of your favorite music.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it and we'll make sure to on to the right team.

If we can help you with anything else, just let us know. 

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts