Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan Question and thoughts.

Family Plan Question and thoughts.

I'm a single premium user. Spotify is the household sole music system. I have a son and daughter and my wife using it too in the household. I thought it time to upgrade to the Family plan. However, my wife and I are splitting up and moving out with our children staying 50/50 with us. I understand your very strict rules about 'under one roof' verified and tracked by GPS. We are still family and I want my kids to be able to use the family subscription WHEREVER they are without restriction rather than trying to confirm to Spotifys 'traditional' family model. Quite simply, it's greedy and pathetic. Many of my friends with children are together but the husband works away 5 out of 7 days a week, so it wouldn't work for them either. 

I understand you reply will more than likely be to state the terms and say it;s not possible. But it is possible, it's a choice to use GPS and implement 'under one roof' into the terms. A choice made from greed and lack of listening to customers. I highly doubt I'm the first person to be very turned off by this. 

Before I have to look elsewhere for a more modern accepting alternative, do you have any plans to listen to customers and allow your 'Family' model to be used by less traditional family setups? 

Yours, quite narked, a long term loyal premium user, who is more than likely going to close their account and go elsewhere. 

1 Reply

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Before you subscribe for the Family plan, we suggest you take a look at our Premium Family help page. Make sure you read it thoroughly in order to find the best solution that fits your needs and preferences. 

You'll find useful tips on address verification when you scroll down to the section I need help with my Family plan address.  

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Suggested posts