Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan price jump

Solved!

Family Plan price jump

One sunny day I was on the site for the Spotify Family subscription and saw the wonderful price of 10.99€ - I couldn't resist! Immediately I wanted to subscribe to the Plan - but! I discovered I had been f*cked with, big time: Just before I pressed "Buy" button, I saw that the price was suddenly 14.99€ !! I can't believe it, are you trying to rip me off? I can't afford an extra 4! / month? Do you want me and my family to starve?!

I will never ever listen to any song on Spotify - ever. again.!

Moral of the story:
~> If you want to do A/B Testing, do it right.

Screenshot from 2017-04-03 23:20:23.png
Screenshot from 2017-04-03 23:20:54.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After messaging SpotifyCares, I got the following reply (after some more explanation from my side):

Thanks. We set our pricing in each market at the level that we believe is fair for consumers, rights holders, and Spotify, while remaining a low-margin business. If you open the Premium for Family page in a different country, it's possible that you'll see a higher or lower price. Once you choose a German payment method though, the price will be automatically updated. We hope this clears things up.

I hope at least one person understood my exaggerating irony... 😛

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @milknbrownies, welcome to the Spotify Community!

All you need to do is get in contact with Spotify support and they can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

Please let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

Marked as solution

After messaging SpotifyCares, I got the following reply (after some more explanation from my side):

Thanks. We set our pricing in each market at the level that we believe is fair for consumers, rights holders, and Spotify, while remaining a low-margin business. If you open the Premium for Family page in a different country, it's possible that you'll see a higher or lower price. Once you choose a German payment method though, the price will be automatically updated. We hope this clears things up.

I hope at least one person understood my exaggerating irony... 😛

Suggested posts