NEXT STEP

Family Premium Plan (USA) Wife unable to create profile

Solved!

Family Premium Plan (USA) Wife unable to create profile

Plan: Family Premium

Device: Phone and Computer

Operating System: Android and Windows

My Question or Issue:

I have had the family premium for years and my wife and I both listen, using my profile, so when one of us listening and the other tries to, the first person is kicked off.  So I decided my wife needs her own profile, since the plan allows for it, and I sent her an invite, but when she clicked the link I e-mailed to her, and clicked "accept invite" on the new page that came up, she got this message: 

Continue with this account?

You’re currently logged in to the Spotify account shown below. You can continue with this account, or log in to a different one.

When she selected my account, it tells her this: 

You’re already part of this Family plan

You’re the plan manager for this Family plan, so you don’t need to join it. You’ve already got Premium.

Tap below to invite someone you live with to your Family plan. They can join with their existing Spotify account or create a new one.

But she's not the plan manager, and her e-mail address isn't the one listed as the main e-mail address on the account. Mine is. 

So how do I get her a new profile created on my account? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Oklahomahoss ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

On the page where she can accept the invite, she needs to select her own account instead of yours, otherwise, it won't be possible for her to accept the invite.

The Premium Family invite itself doesn't create an account for her. If she doesn't have one yet, she can sign up at https://spotify.com/signup 🙂

I hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Oklahomahoss ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

On the page where she can accept the invite, she needs to select her own account instead of yours, otherwise, it won't be possible for her to accept the invite.

The Premium Family invite itself doesn't create an account for her. If she doesn't have one yet, she can sign up at https://spotify.com/signup 🙂

I hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star

Well I suppose I don't understand, then.   Isn't the point of the premium family plan the ability for multiple people to listen from one account on their own personal profiles?  Why would she have to create her own account? 

Hey @Oklahomahoss 🙂

No, each member of a Premium Family plan uses their own Spotify account (as stated here).

There's no such thing as multiple profiles on one account with the only exception being the Spotify Kids account/app.

Hope this helps.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts