Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Premium admin moving country--what happens to family member in previous country?

Family Premium admin moving country--what happens to family member in previous country?

Plan

Premium Family

Country

New Zealand

Device

(iPhone 6 s Plus, and PC)

Operating System

( Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I am currently the admin for my Premium Family account in New Zealand.  I will be moving to the US and my family member will remain in NZ.  What happens to the non-admin family member's account when I change the country and payment method of the acount?  I have seen posts where even just changing payment methods has restricted access to family members.  How can I prevent this from happening to the family member staying in New Zealand?  I don't want to do anything until I know what to do.  Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey @veganmeem,

Thanks for reaching out.

I believe that they will be automatically removed from the plan soon after you've moved to the US.

This is because all members of a Premium for Family must reside at the same physical address as the plan owner.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Maxim,

When yoyu say they will be removed from the plan do you mean only downgraded to free?

Wouldn't I have to remove them myself since they are not in the same country as me and Spotify wouldn't know if they moved with me or not?

veganmeem

Hi and Welcome to the Spotify Community,

Yes, the will be downgraded back to the free plan, don't fear, their accounts will not be deleted.

Best,

Jack

Suggested posts