Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Premium and Multiple Echo Dots - Strange behavior

Family Premium and Multiple Echo Dots - Strange behavior

We have a Premium Family account (US based)  with 5 members.  We also have 5 Amazon echo dots, each if which is "owned" by one of the family members.

When I ask "my" echo dot to play something on spotify, it does, but it ALSO interrupts my daughter's iphone and begins playing MY music instead of what she was listening to.

I've read that our Spotify accounts need to be individual accounts "associated" with the family account, and NOT sub-accounts of the family account.  I'm not sure how to determine that, if it is in fact related.

How can I get my Alexa request to play spotify to work only on my Echo Dot (and not on my daughter's phone)??? 

2 Replies

Hi there @WalnutFarmer,

thanks for reaching out to the Spotify community !

I strongly recommend you get in touch with Amazon's support team for them to help you out with how to set it up.

Furthermore, I was able to find this thread discussing the same matter here for more info.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Thank you OnebyBoo.

I tried creating a new Spotify account and re-joining our Spotify Family plan. My previous "account" was apparently a "sub-acct" or "profile" subordinate to the Family plan.  That did NOT fix the problem.

I then reset my echo dot to factory settings and set it up as new, connecting it to my personal Spotify acct.  This seems to have fixed the problem.

Suggested posts