NEXT STEP

Family Premium payment reject wipes all family settings

Family Premium payment reject wipes all family settings

Plan Premium Familly

Country France

Device All

Operating System All

My Question or Issue

When a monthly subscription (Family Premium) is rejected (card expired etc.), all the family subscription details are lost (members) even when you solve the issue (e.g; add a new payment method)

You need to re invite all the members!!! this is so boring and in addition your new process is so complicated with the address verification.

Also, your new process with 'link' is aweful, ways less convient than it used to be.

All the family members have its account with a personal address in it, it should be possible to directly add family members using their email account and YOU DO THE MESS on your side for the address verification.

Microsoft does it for the Office 365 Family subscription, your process is just dump.

Fix this issue, next time I will reconsider renewing my subscription.

PS: even your community forum is buggy, I got dozens of errors before I can post this!!!

2 Replies

Hey @existenz31 

You can suggest improvements through the Community. You should post it in the Idea Submissions forum and it may be considered.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have just had the same issue. I thought this was a bigger issue before reading this post. I didn't get any notification until I went into the app. As my card was not expired but I started using my new card when it arrived I have assumed that this caused the rejection. Without the bank or spotify contacting me to inform me about the payment issue I find this all really poor service. And then I had to add all the family members again as you mentioned. And get them to download everything again. Overall this feels like a very poor experience. Hopefully Spotify can do more to help inform customers and supporting them to keep their services running smoothly.

Suggested posts