Family Premium reverted to Free and now family can't join the plan

Solved!

Family Premium reverted to Free and now family can't join the plan

Plan Premium

Country Spain

Device Irrelevant

Operating System Irrelevant

My Question or Issue

I purchased a family plan, my family was added to it and now they're back to Free and they can't accept the new invites I send them.

Please review what's the problem. Thanks.

By the way, it's not intuitive at all to create a question in this page. I spent a good amount of time scrolling through different questions, ideas and other irrelevant content. Then the mandatory label when trying to submit this post...as a customer this isn't friendly at all.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

William helped me via Chat and the issue seems resolved. Thanks William.William helped me via Chat and the issue seems resolved. Thanks William.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

This is what it looks like when someone is trying to join.

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-14 at 23.22.00.jpeg

tumbleweed.gif

249159799007202.gif

giphy2.gif

Marked as solution

William helped me via Chat and the issue seems resolved. Thanks William.William helped me via Chat and the issue seems resolved. Thanks William.

Hey @23ten.

Thanks for getting in touch! We're happy to hear that your issue got solved through one of our other channels.

If you ever experience an issue and decide to visit the Community, try to use the search feature to find if other people have had the same issue which has been solved already. That way you don't have to wait. If you are the first to experience an issue, feel free to post as well and we'll do our best to get a solution as soon as possible. And the great thing about this is that other users might find your topic and find some good help from there 🙂

We wish you a great day. If you have further questions, please let us know!

Hey Guido, based on William's comments in the chat it looks like this was resolved by doing something I couldn't do on my own or reading other members on this forum. He changed something, I'm not sure what, and the issue was resolved afterwards. I wish I could have changed that myself, I assure you.

The page's design, by the way, made me read even more than I wanted to, looping me in circles while I was trying to find a) something valuable and b) some way to post my own message. I failed on both for a good while but I did read my bit in the meantime. Then I did additional reading while trying to find another contact methods until I found the live chat, can't even say where I found it. The site might need a redesign to make it more user friendly, just my 2 cents.

If others experiencing similar issues and paying for their features do see my post I hope they enjoy the gifs and, if they managed to read this far, I'd suggest them to not post in the community and try to reach out directly via live chat, if they manage to find the way.

That said, thanks for you message and have a great day, too.

I have the same problem!!! How can I fix it or where can I find the live chat???

Hey @juanccrispin,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, do you see the same error message when you try to re-invite your family members?

If you haven't already, we'd suggest giving it a try and resending the invites to them. Once they receive them, you can ask them to follow these steps in an incognito/private window:

1. Have the owner invite you to their plan.
  2. You'll receive an email with a link to join. Open and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You're redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen.
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation.
  3. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hola Katherine,

Thank you very much for trying to help. Yes, my family was getting the same message. I have already contacted Spotify through Twitter, they said the issue has been solved but that I have to resend the invitation.

Again, thanks.

Regards
Carlos

Hey there @juanccrispin,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Glad to hear all's working as it should now!

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX7KNKjOK0o75

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts