Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family account Overseas

Family account Overseas

I've just signed up for a Premium Family Account. I'm abroad on business but want the family at home to use it. When I send invites it doesn't allow them to access Spotify saying the account needs to be based in the same country as the owner. I've registered the account at my home address. Any ideas to sort this out?

4 Replies

I'm also interested in this answer. I have a premium account in the US and I'm thinking about signing up for the family plan so my partner who is currently living overseas in Japan temporarily can also enjoy the benefits of Spotify, ie. share and collaborate in playlists, etc. But I don't know if it will work, will she be able to access Spotify? What does it mean when they say, "Members of a Premium for Family subscription must reside at the same address"?

Hi, we've managed to get it going but not sure how. After a few tries resenting the invitation link my son got it working. 

This is discrimination

Hey there folks,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with the Community.

We understand that you would like to share the gift of music with all of your loved once, regardless of the distance, so we will explain how a Premium Family subscription works.

The Premium Family subscription is created, so that up to 6 individuals, living under the same roof can enjoy Premium features for a reduced price.

All of the family members would have to reside at the same address and be physically present on the address, when the invitations to the Family plan are sent. While you are a part of a Premium Family plan, you can go anywhere in the world for holiday or work and enjoy the Premium functions as a standard Premium user.

However it goes against our Terms and Conditions for the Members of a Family plan to reside abroad long term. This is because of the price difference and plan availability of the Premium subscription in different countries. 

You can find more info on how to set up and manage a Premium Family Plan on our Support page.

We hope this info was helpful and wish you a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts