NEXT STEP

Family account different places

Family account different places

Going in another country but don't wanna loose the family account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

4 Replies

Hey @Rai1 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

It is possible to travel while being part of a Premium Family plan, but after a few weeks or months, it is possible that there might be verification issues. 🙂

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Rai1,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please note that all members of the Family plan must reside at the same address, however If you're travelling to a different country for a short period of time, you and the other plan members should still be able to enjoy your Premium features while you're abroad. 

However, if you're planning to move there permanently, we can't guarantee that the plan will work as expected and we'd suggest cancelling your subscription and starting a new one using a payment method that's valid in your new country.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I like this topic "Family account different places". 

I have a Premium Account, and there are only 2 members at that address who is using the app.

However I find it odd that there is a 6 profile options for an address. Did Spotify targets large families ? 

Therefore, I took the liberty to reply here, since I did not managed to find an answer for my issue. 

I would like to add a profile for my father who lives 60km distance from the address registered for Spotify account. Since his a family member, is Spotify providing an option for this too? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Nicolae. 

Hey @55igezj0y6c1omigfdnd,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

In order for the Family subscription to work unperturbed, the members should reside on the same address. We understand that users may have family members residing on different addresses, but this subscription type is meant for people living on the same address, they're not required to be family members, they can be roommates etc.

If you have members of your family, who want to have a Premium subscription, we suggest you to take a look at our other options like Premium Individual and Premium Duo (for two members living on the same address).

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts