Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family manager quitting and others starting a new subscription - will they be charged twice?

Solved!

Family manager quitting and others starting a new subscription - will they be charged twice?

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Hong Kong S.A.R.

My Question or Issue

I am the manager of a current family plan and I want to quit the plan. I understand that the family manager role cannot be transferred so I have to cancel the plan and let another user start a new family subscription. The problem is that we have just paid a monthly bill some days ago. So

1. If I cancel the plan now, will the others enjoy the premium features until next month?

2. If I cancel the plan now and all the remaining members start a new subscription right now (all of them have the same expire date of their premium features next month), when will be their next charging date? Theoretically they shouldn't be charged until next month, but it is really the case?

3. If I cancel the plan now and all the remaining members together with another new member start a new subscription right now (5 have premium until next month, 1 doesn't have premium), when will be their next charging date?

Thanks in advance for any detailed explanations!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @fhfuih,

Welcome to the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

As the owner of the plan, the subscription will be canceled for everybody as soon as your account is reverted back to free. Even if you cancel now, everybody will still get the remaining Premium time you paid for, when the time expires all accounts will be reverted automatically. 

Now, if the remaining members start a new subscription right now, the new billing date will be the same date they sign up for the new plan. For example, if they create the new plan on January 3rd, they will be billed the 3rd of every month.

This is because it's a completely new subscription and independent from the existing one. The exact same will happen if they create the new plan with a different person. 

As a heads up, all family members can switch group subscriptions once in a 12 month period. This means that if they have been part of another Family/Duo subscription during the last 12 months, there's a chance they won't be able to join a new group plan.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @fhfuih,

Welcome to the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

As the owner of the plan, the subscription will be canceled for everybody as soon as your account is reverted back to free. Even if you cancel now, everybody will still get the remaining Premium time you paid for, when the time expires all accounts will be reverted automatically. 

Now, if the remaining members start a new subscription right now, the new billing date will be the same date they sign up for the new plan. For example, if they create the new plan on January 3rd, they will be billed the 3rd of every month.

This is because it's a completely new subscription and independent from the existing one. The exact same will happen if they create the new plan with a different person. 

As a heads up, all family members can switch group subscriptions once in a 12 month period. This means that if they have been part of another Family/Duo subscription during the last 12 months, there's a chance they won't be able to join a new group plan.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the explanation! That is very clear 🙂

Suggested posts