Family member can't log into account on new device

Plan

Premium Family

Country

UK

Device

Huawei

My Question or Issue

My daughter is logged into Spotify on her phone but can't log into her account on a new laptop.  It states her user name is unknown.  However i've checked her phone and the user name and password we're trying IS correct.  Log in error states username and password are not recognised.  She doesn't have an email address linked to her account as i shared the family link via WhatsApp.  How can she log in?

6 Replies

Hey there @helenpea,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can she log in with the same account details here?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app she have.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello - thanks for your reply.  Logging in using that link didn't work either.  I've tried using her details on my laptop too and have the same issue.  Her phone and new device are using the same version of Spotify 8.5.89.901. 

Thanks

Hey again @helenpea,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Do you know if your daughter has her Facebook account connected to her Spotify account? If so - she can follow the steps that's provided in this article under Check Facebook. We also suggest that she have a look at the same article under Check info on your device.

Let us know how everything goes so we can keep on assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away 🙂

JeremyModerator

She doesn't have a facebook account. Surely there has to be an easy way for her to log into her own Spotify account on a new device?? Why isn't her username recognised? Is it because she joined as a family member on my account. What's the solution here to get her access?

Hey again @

Thank you for your reply.

Can you do the following:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Scroll down to Manage your family accounts.

There you'll see the account's that's in your plan. Can you make sure that the username is correct?

If the issue persist we suggest that you get in contact with our customer support. You can reach out to them here.

Keep us posted.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Hi - the username is correct and listed in my family plan. Thanks for your help, i'll contact customer support to try and get this resolved 🙂

Suggested posts