Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family member can't select the location

Family member can't select the location

My partner is trying to join my family plan but he can't select the same location as I have submitted for our house. He types exactly the same address but he gets an error message after the selection and a prompt to try again. Anyone has ideas how to deal with this problem?

7 Replies

Hey @Oolga,

Thanks for reaching out.

In this case, we'd suggest re-entering the address on your account page as it gets matched against a database by a third-party service and might no longer be valid in its current form. Once you've done that, simply copy it and send it to your partner so they can try again.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for that question and reply. I have the same problem with my daughter joining. We have tried to change the address several times but it does not work on her account. What are we doing wrong?? As for now she is using my account and it is a bit inconvenient because i can't use it when she is.... Help!!

Hey @Trinepetie,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Is there an error message you're getting? What does it say?

Could you try changing the address of the manager account to a more generic version of your current one, i.e. omit the numbers as an example?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi there

I am struggling to add my 13 year old son on the family plan. Every time I load the exact same address as mine, it keeps saying we have to stay at the same location. I even tried to reset my location but that didn't help either. How can I sort out this problem? Please help

Hi @DDMGL,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Are you folks using a VPN? If so, try disabling it and send your son a new invite to the plan to see if that does the trick. It's also worth trying to accept the invite via an incognito window, another browser or another device.

Also, does the address autocomplete when you try to set it on your account page? If not, you can instead select your building, street name, or a close public space or building, then send a new invite to your son. Just don't use someone else's address.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi again.

Thank you for the suggestions. I am still struggling to add my son to the family account. We don't work with VPN's. I have changed our home address and still it doesn’t allow my son to join. It keeps saying that he is not at the same location and saying he is in a different country. I have attached pictures to show the error it’s giving. I am going for the second month now that I cannot utilize the family plan.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Spotify2.jpgSpotify1.jpg

Hi @DDMGL,

In order for your son to join the Family plan, his account's country must match that of your Spotify account, so ask him to try updating his country settings by following the steps in this article.

Hope this info helps. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts