Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family member's Spotify still in FREE mode despite showing as ACTIVE after invite accepted

Family member's Spotify still in FREE mode despite showing as ACTIVE after invite accepted

Family

Premium

UK
Samsung

Hey all.

Have shared my family membership with another member of the family. I set it all up for her but her SPotify account is still showing as basic. Have closed the app etc but it is still in FREE mode. This was a week ago 😕

Any ideas?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hey there @alexsings,

thanks for posting in the community !

One question just to be sure, what do you mean by "Have shared my family membership with another member of the family" ?

Did you send an invite, she accepted, got approved and still seeing a free account ?

Waiting on your update 😃

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Yes. That is exactly right. I have invited 2 other family member with no problem but this one just isnt working. Thanks.

Hey there @alexsings,

thanks for the update.

This might accure due to two things :

- She isn't logging in to the same account she approved the family plan for

- She wasn't approved to the plan due to being under another free trials or offer like they ones offered on the website like using Spotify 30 days for free.

Please let her check out this help page to locate all accounts listed with her details to make sure she hadn't, by mistake, initialy created a second account and logging into the wrong one.

In addition, make sure she recieved a mail approving her as part of your Family plan.

Waiting to see how you did 😃

Hey mate.

The email that I used to set up my family members spotify had not been used with any other spotify account.

She had been using Spotify Premium on same phone ( but her son was using it on his phone ) - so we logged her off, created a new email, I sent her a family invitation, she accepted, then we logged her on with new email but it is still FREE version

Suggested posts