Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family member trying to accept invite

Family member trying to accept invite

1. None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I've upgraded my account to family successfully and have tried to add a family member. The link sends correctly. The family member accepts the invite and is redirected to the Spotify login page. The I put the correct login details for their own account and when they try and log in they get the message saying, invalid username or password, even through the same details can be used to log in to their account using a browser and logging into Spotify so there is nothing wrong with details being input . It's very frustrating and am inclined to cancel and revert back to my own premium as the hassel of trying to add someone is just getting annoying. Every step has been followed correctly and there is no answer through the community forum. 

5 Replies

Hey there @CraigDS1

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you first try opening the invite link a private/incognito window and then logging the user in to their Spotify account. This step makes sure you avoid any issues with your browser's cache. 

In case they still see the error message it's a good idea to reset their password. Make sure they do it in a private window as well. You can try a different browser if that doesn't do the trick.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I am literally copying the address that I have on my account. My mom is trying to join in and it says that the addresses do not match. I don't get it.

I have tried incognito pages from her and many things and it is still not working.

Can you please help me. This is very frustrating as I paid for a family plan and I can only add my brother into this account. I might just cancel my subscription since it is not worth it to pay more if I won't be able to add my family.

Hey there @HubertGT,

Thank you for your post.

We suggest you try to following to see if that helps:

• Try with another device, if that's an option
  • Try using a different network

We actually have an Ongoing Issue about this - you can find it here. You can leave a vote to show your support to the idea, and don't forget to subscribe to the thread so you don't miss any updates of the thread.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

HI,

I just started Family account and invite 3 family members. It worked for two of them but the third, when he clicks the link and try to log on it says "Wrong Password or username" and he can not get further.  It is not wrong psw or username. I tried all the tricks, app removed, reinstalled, psw reset. incognito mode  Any other ideas?

Hey @fallenc,

Thanks for posting here.

Just to double-check-are there any changes when they try with another network or on another device?

They can also check the username with these steps to make sure it's the correct one.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts