Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family members ejected out of my family subscription.

Family members ejected out of my family subscription.

Hello,

I've been using the family subscription for well over a year now in Brazil without any issues. However, just a few weeks ago all my family members were removed from it because spotify "couldn't verify they lived at the same address". Spotify sent me  a warning that they would do that but I did not notice it as it went straight into junk mail. Fast forward to today and I am trying to re-register them without success: I have not changed my address nor my payment method, yet when I send them invitations and make them fill the correct information in file it simply states that "they cannot join because they're not at the same address". I was hoping this can be solved without having to cancel and re-do any accounts.

Thanks 

5 Replies

Hey @michelbz, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Remember that all members of a Premium for Family plan must comply with our Terms and Conditions. If that's the case, we recommend them accepting the invite on a PC using an incognito window.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

I have tried using an incognito window without success. If there was a violation of the Terms and Conditions, I would like to know what it was. What should I do now ? Thanks.

Hey @michelbz.

This could've happened if your family members don't live in the same physical address as the plan owner. If this is the case, they can still get the regular Premium subscription here.

If they do live in the same address as the owner, make sure they're able to validate this info when accepting the invites.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

The family members (who live at the same address) and were removed from the account have tried repeatedly to register under many variations of the same address and it has not worked. When we first joined Spotify Family, it was all under the same address (which hasn't changed). Before they were removed from the account (two weeks ago) I was able to register my sister (about a month ago) under the address and it was successful! 

I need an explanation as to why they were removed from the account to begin with. I would like to speak to someone via email just to confirm the address that is on file on Spotify or to know which terms of the contract we have broken. Again, we have not changed our address

Thank you.

I understand!

In this case, it's best to reach out to the Support team via Twitter or Facebook. They'll be able to take a closer look at the accounts to help you out as soon as possible.

If you'd like to contact the Support team via email, you can do so here.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts