Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan invites say I'm someone else

Family plan invites say I'm someone else

Plan: Premium

My Question or Issue:

When I send an invite to a family member to the premium plan owned by me, the email generated and sent to them says  "Zach invited you to his account."

My name is not Zach.

How can I fix this?

4 Replies

Hey @skippypb.

Zach should be the spotify username which is the Owner of the Familly Plan.

You can check it using >> https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Only the Owner of the plan can invite other users.  The email is generated and sent automatically to the address specified by the Owner.

I'm afraid it's not possible to change the Owner of a Familly Plan.

From "Change the owner" in https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family/ :

It's not possible to change the owner of your Premium for Family plan. The current owner would first need to cancel. Then, when all accounts revert to the free, ad-supported service at the next billing date, a new owner can start a new plan.

If you want the invitations to be sent from a particular username you have to subscribe with that username. The spotify username is how you are known by others. It doesn't necessarily have to match your real name.

You can always tell your familly members to accept invitations from Zack. 😉 Otherwise you'll have to cancel and subscribe with a new owner.

Kind Regards

-- PF

PF

Okay, but my name is not Zach. I am the account holder. The word Zach has never once been entered anywhere in my profile on Spotify. I literally do not know anyone named Zach.

Why/where is this coming from?

I see. If the username in your Profile isn't Zack then it seems the invitation mechanishm is somehow picking up the incorrect username. I'd say the best is to ask Spotify Staff to trace back the origin of the erronous information. I suggest you contact Spotify Support directly here. I'm sorry I cannot help you more. Only they will have the means to identify why apparently the automated invitation process isn't correctly using your account information and the required fixing.

-- PF

Hey @skippypb.

Just wanted to check in and see if you managed to resolve this with our Customer Support team 🙂

In case you're still having problems, could you tell us if you recognise the name as belonging to someone in your Premium for Family plan?

We'll be looking out for your reply!

Suggested posts