Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan member's saved playlists erased after main password change?

Solved!

Family plan member's saved playlists erased after main password change?

I'm the owner of a family plan, and I recently changed my password. One of my family members was just having trouble logging in, and so they tried with my updated password, but now their saved playlists and songs aren't showing up. They're still showing up as a member of the family plan, though. What went wrong? Is there a way I can send them a new link to reset the password to their account under the family plan?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @2u7_a3x-0y978 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Your account details (username/email address and password) are in no way connected with the account details of another account. 🙂 So in this case, it sounds like that the family member might have logged into a second account of theirs, which doesn't contain any playlists or saved music.

I recommend telling them to log out and log back in, while this time trying to use different login details. They can also try checking their email inbox for emails from Spotify that might contain their username.

Let me know how it goes!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @2u7_a3x-0y978 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Your account details (username/email address and password) are in no way connected with the account details of another account. 🙂 So in this case, it sounds like that the family member might have logged into a second account of theirs, which doesn't contain any playlists or saved music.

I recommend telling them to log out and log back in, while this time trying to use different login details. They can also try checking their email inbox for emails from Spotify that might contain their username.

Let me know how it goes!

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for explaining this! They realized that they'd been filtering emails from spotify out as spam, and when they undid that, they were able to get the email from spotify to reset the password to their own account and get back in. Thanks for your help!

Hey @2u7_a3x-0y978 ,

Glad to hear that the issue's been resolved 🙂

Have a great day.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts