Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan with three gift cards

Family plan with three gift cards

I’m a mom and I have have three kids- each with a Spotify account and gift cards.  The kids got these gift cards at christmas.  Can i create a family account, invite all the kids, and their gift cards transferred to the family account (the workaround I’ve read about)?

3 Replies

Hey @LizB7 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Unfortunately, you can’t use Gift Cards for Premium Student, Premium Family, Premium Duo, or trial offers. I'm not sure which workaround you've read about, so I can't guarantee that it'll work. 🙂

Hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem. I started off with a regular premium spotify account where I was able to pay for gift cards. I recently converted to a Premium Family plan and I can’t pay with a gift card. I got this error message “You can't apply this Premium code to your account. This is likely because you have an existing Premium subscription that cannot be combined with a Premium code.

How come we can’t pay with a gift card for Premium Family accounts?

Hey @xtutor ,

As mentioned in my post above, you can’t use Gift Cards for Premium Student, Premium Family, Premium Duo, or trial offers.

You could create a new idea and if you receive enough support from other users, Spotify will take a look at it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts