Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family premium keeps downgrading daughters account

Family premium keeps downgrading daughters account

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Nokia 5

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have purchased the family premium account and my daughters account has been linked to that for several months now. 

Recently however her accounts has been downgraded back to free account. I have re sent the invitation several times now and her account gets linked to the family premium for a few days but then it goes back to free again. 

My account stays as premium so it shouldn't be a payment etc. connected problem.

Any ideas what is wrong?

3 Replies

Hey @Cosfoortti.

Just to confirm, have you our your daughter received an email notification about the account getting removed from the plan?

In the meantime, let's make sure your daughter doesn't have multiple accounts, as she could be logging in to the wrong one. To do so, she can follow these suggestions.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hello,

I have this problem too with my sister's account. Her account was downgraded to free even after she got the notification email and verified her address.

It seems that Spotify cannot verify her address even though she correctly give the information required to verify her account.

Hey @Jordabn.

Just to confirm, does your sister live in the same physical address as you?

Right now, all the members of the Premium for Family plan must live in the same physical address as stated on the T&Cs.

This could be the reason why she's unable to join the plan.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts