Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family premium pain!

Family premium pain!

Help, please!

I signed up to family premium today.

We have 3 echos and two iPhones.

I had the impression I could play music on all devices however if I play music on one then try music on another device the first device cuts off.

What do I need to do exactly to be able to get music playing in multiple devices?

Thanks 

4 Replies

Hey @Kooger21 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

I'd recommend making sure that each device is logged into a different account. You can find more about this at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/I-have-Premium-for-Family-but-only-one-person-can-l... 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You need to check possible scenarios.

Does each device use a different member account - then, every device should be able to play a different playlist.

If you use one member account then it is not possible to play multiple playlists on multiple devices.

PS However, I would be interested in a solution where I can link multiple devices to play the same playlist - let's say two different speakers. Anyone knows if it is possible?

I have 3 separate Spotify accounts using family premium however all 3 echos are registered to my amazon account so it doesn’t appear I can listen to different music on each device 😞

This makes sense.

You have one Echo account and one Sportify account that are linked together. There is no way Echo will play music from another Sportify account as there is no other link.

Try linking another Spotify account to your Echo account.

Or, create another Echo account, link it with any other Spotify accounts of your plan members and then it should work.

I think that you have to resolve this on Echo's side.

Suggested posts