Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family premium

Family premium

My daughter has premium just now. I was going to set up the family premium on my account so myself, my wife and my daughter can all use it. What will happen to my daughters account when I invite her into the family one? Will her payments automatically stop when her account is added to the family one or will she have to cancel it herself before I add her??

1 Reply

Hi @Techytempo,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

I moved your post from Chat to a relevant Help board, where it fits better.

The billing switches automatically for users who already have Premium Individual and are joining a Premium Family plan, so your daughter doesn’t need to cancel anything.

After accepting the invite to join your Premium Family plan, she won't be charged for her account any further; her payments will instead be handled by you (as the Premium Family plan manager).

Bear in mind that if your daughter’s Premium subscription is currently handled by a partner company (such as a phone or internet provider), she will first need to first cancel with them and wait for her current Premium time to end before being able to join your Premium Family plan.

You can sign up for the Premium Family plan here, and then invite the other members of your residence by following the steps in this support article. Note that to accept the invites, members must live at the same address as the plan manager.

Also keep in mind that members can only switch between different Premium Family (or Premium Duo) plans once a year.

Feel free as well to read more about how the Premium Family plan works in this FAQ article

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts