NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini Promotion - Cant Redeem

Google Home Mini Promotion - Cant Redeem

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Puerto Rico

My Question or Issue

I have been trying to redeem the Google Home Mini but i can't... i received an email saying ""Thanks for reserving your Google Home Mini. Your device is now available."...

but when it redirect me to the Google Store the GHM is not on the products... There is just the Pixel 3, Pixel 2, and the Google Daydream View.

Any help?

9 Replies

Hey @widallys,

Can you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

*Update*

Hi! For some reason the setting in the google store page was in another country.  when i changed it to US, the GHM appeared. Now, do I need a code? Im afraid of clicking "confirm purchase" and being charged.

Thanks!

wi

GHM.png

Hey @widallys.

Thanks for getting back to us.

You should receive a promo code per email. If you can't find the promo code, request one here.

Should do the trick 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

The process is broken, hundreds of people do not see the discount in their Google cart, and Spotify support has been helpless to fix it in several weeks. Here is what I receive today after going back and forth 6 times.

"Thanks for getting back to us. We can confirm that your case has been escalated to the highest tier in Customer Support, all communication within this email thread will be from the Executive team from now on.
Currently, we don't offer telephone support. However, we're more than happy to help you via email.
We understand how frustrating this situation can be and we apologize about the delay this is taking and the inconvenience caused. We can confirm that the relevant teams are looking into this and we will let you know as soon as we have an update.
In the meantime, do let us know if you have any other questions.
Take care, 
Andrey
Executive Team - Spotify Customer Support"

Hey @swiftymusic.

We recommend heading over to this thread, where we've given some more information about the issue.

Thanks 🙂

Was you able to get the speaker free and shipped to puerto rico?

Hi. I'm having the same problem in 2019 with the Google Home Mini offer for Spotify Premium accounts that are included like the Individual and Family ones. Mine is a Family account and when it redirects me to the Google Store page, it changes the country and the Home Mini never shows up on my cart. Can this be solved?

Hi Everyone, 

I am too, trying to get the promotion.  I live in Puerto Rico as well.  Please Note: Puerto Rico accounts does not qualify for the promotion.  Please see image from Google Store.  I was able to do pretty much the entire process, Logging in to the Spotify account, Linking Google Account, etc.  The problem lies when the system redirects you to claim the prize.  It redirects you  you to the Puerto Rico Google Store (where the mini is not available), you cart updates +1.  If you change to USA Store, a prompt message tells you, that you your cart will clear out.  What people are not realizing is that the Promo Code is embeted on the redirection link.  But the code is not usuable on the USA Store. All my data, Google Accounts, Spotify are set to home address in USA.  And the system still takes me to the Puerto Rico Google Store.  My only guess guess is my IP address.  I will need a VPN so the system bumps me the USA Google Store, the promblem with that, you data may be compromise.  I will see if google can honor the prize with the code I have through email communication

If anyone figure it out, please be kind and email me to *snip* I appreaciate

CodeError.JPG
GoogleMini.JPG
LinkPromoCode.JPG

Ok, UPDATE!, exacly as a I mentioned.  The problem was my IP Address on my PC.  I used my personal ATT cell phone to complete it.  Follow the next steps..

1) Once you receive the email that: "Your Google Home Mini is now available", DONT click on the "GET IT NOW" button just yet. 

2) You need to make sure you ALL Google Home,  Wallet, Services, etc has a USA main land Address, NOT A PUERTO RICO.  On Wallet, do not input your Puerto Rico credit card yet. Just make sure everything Google has a USA Address on it.  

3) Make sure you Spotify account is also US.  This one should be on US by default.

4) Once all the data has been enterered, go to Google Store USA and make sure your cart is empty. 

5) Now, pick your phone, MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT ON WIFI, You need to be on your carriers network.  ATT uses USA IP. You need to see if T-Mobile, Claro, etc uses USA IP in their Network, otherwise it wont work.

6) Go to your email and click on the "Get It Now", it will take you to Spotify to link your Google Account to Spotify. Link Accounts... Agree on Google Accessing all your data (You can later delete google from Spotify)

7) Click that you are not a robot, once you do that, it will take you right away to Google Store USA to pick the color you want.  It has to say "$0" under the colors. click Add to cart once chosen your color. 

😎 Once on your cart review, you should see the discount applied, Fill out the USA Address you wish to deliver.  Now, it wont let you confirm the order until you provide a valid purchase payment.  I used my Puerto Rico credit card, but UNCKECK the box that says "Use as Shipping and Billing Adress", you want to use the USA address you typed in.  

I do not recommend using your Puerto Rico Home Adress, Google may cancel your order as they clearly stated that the Mini is not available for Puerto Rico.  It would be sad to have your confirmed order canceled after going through all this trouble to get it.  Hope this helps!

Suggested posts