Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Solved!

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

TheOnlyBirdy
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium Family

Country

US 

My Question or Issue

Hello:

Yesterday I recieved my email saying that my Google Home Mini was now available. When I follow the link, it brings me to the Google Store. Once I've selected the mini, and go into the checkout, it's still saying that I have to pay full price for the mini, with no apparent signs that the promo code has been applied.

I've looked up some of the other solutions on this website, but following the links provided, and trying to use incognito mode, both didn't work.

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Elena

Hey folks,

We can see a lot of users are still visiting this page, we just wanted to flag that the Google Home Mini deal is now over in the US. 

We have a similar deal now available in Canada and the UK where users can grab a Google Nest Mini with a Premium subscription (Non-owner accounts of Premium plans like Duo and Family are not eligible).

For more details about the deal, you can head here.

We've now closed this thread, but check out our Ongoing issue if you have trouble with redeeming your device.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

197 Replies

bgorse
Casual Listener

The support chat really is a waste of time, they offered to escalate to a special team which never responds in the time frame they set, this is on multiple occasions. I am very familiar with customer support industry and messaging support as well and their team frankly is a disappointment and the main reason I am no longer a Spotify customer. 

anton4242
Casual Listener

Quick update since I am having a similar issue with my order. I did connect with Spotify support and spend probably an hour with them. The support dude was very nice:) and helpful but they did not get back to me.

Since I am a software engineer here is my 5 cents on this issue. This may help people around to understand the issue with canceled orders.

1. Spotify has a single google promotion code locked for every user.

2. This code activates when we visit this URL http://www.spotify.com/googlehome/redeem

3. This code then applied at the Google Store Checkout page.

4. When Google received the order this promo code marked as used by Google so you can not order 100 Home Mini with a single promo code:)

5. It does not matter how many times you will open URL at step 2. The Spotify will still send the same used promo code to Google Store. That is why we got a full price at the checkout page.

6. Spotify can not check which order was canceled by Google automatically and that's where we stuck:)

swiftymusic
Regular

I've gone back and forth with support at least 5 times on this issue. They are prompt in responding to me but clealy have no clue as to how to resolve the issue.  I did just forward them the post here about the promo code having already been registered and that causing Google's backend to mark the promo as having already been used.

I'll keep you posted on what I hear back.

swiftymusic
Regular

I would suggest pushing support to issue new promo codes to us. If enough of us do it they may get approval to do so. 

To start a case all you need to do is send an email to support@spotify.com

swiftymusic
Regular

I just asked them to please issue me a new promo code as a test to see if that resolves the issue.  Who wants to bet they won't follow through?  Snigger.....

swiftymusic
Regular

Spotify support appears to be completely helpless to resolve this issue. The process is broken, hundreds of people do not see the discount in their Google cart, and Spotify support has been helpless to fix it in several weeks. Here is what I receive today after going back and forth 6 times.

"Thanks for getting back to us. We can confirm that your case has been escalated to the highest tier in Customer Support, all communication within this email thread will be from the Executive team from now on.
Currently, we don't offer telephone support. However, we're more than happy to help you via email.
We understand how frustrating this situation can be and we apologize about the delay this is taking and the inconvenience caused. We can confirm that the relevant teams are looking into this and we will let you know as soon as we have an update.
In the meantime, do let us know if you have any other questions.
Take care, 
Andrey
Executive Team - Spotify Customer Support"

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this on the Community and for your patience on the matter.

Spotify is aware of the issue regarding being charged full price for the Google Home Mini offer for Premium for Family subscribers, and the relevant team is currently working on a fix for it. We hope to have this resolved soon!

We will keep you posted on this as soon as we have more information.

Thanks again!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

pabstblue24
Casual Listener

@peter - Any updates on this?  My link now is not even working.

ryan780
Casual Listener

Any update on this?  Seems that there are a lot of us out here that would appreciate some type of update.  Doesn't seem too complicated to me since other people are redeeming the offer right now.  So, the link works for some.  Do you just not care about the rest of us?

Lurome05
Music Fan
The short answer is no they don't care about you, me or anyone else...
0.99$ charged 100 thousand times... is enough for them... besides if you
really want the minis go to ebay or something else they have many 5 or 6$
coupons for a mini. Ebay have way better services than spotify or google
plus money back guarantee. Please do always a check on seller and
conditios.

cleverdesigner
Casual Listener

I'm not complaining about free things, however, it's really weird that I've been waiting since November (since I got the email). A solution is not a "We're working on it" statement. Updates would help. 

smailaj
Music Fan

Really though can we have this be un-marked as solved until a real solution is given? 

Chevycobb
Music Fan

Those that went through Google to resolve...what method did you use to contact them?

smailaj
Music Fan
I called the google help number to cancel my order but I didnt get a
solution yet to recieve a free device.

Woodenteef
Casual Listener
Contacted the Google Store by phone.

Pline
Casual Listener

I am having the same issue and want to be added to the list of those who cannot redeem this generous special offer. I have been Spotify Family Premium for a while. I received the email stating I’m eligible for the offer, but no promo code when attempting to check out. I have seen the google home mini advertised for $29.99 on the google page and also on target, which is $20 less than what the cart is trying to charge me. . Thank you. 

Chevycobb
Music Fan

This won't be resolved.  Spotify scammed people to upgrade and join with an incentive and they will not hold up their part of the deal to help out.  

These things always end up with an empty apology and a free month or something that no one will care about.  Spotify does not care.

resetreflectt
Regular

I'm not willing to risk it but has anyone tried actually going through with the purchase anyways to see if it really charges you? Maybe we're all dummies and it's been working right all along. I don't have the money to risk it though

smailaj
Music Fan

I did and it really charges you. I had to gwt on the phone with google to figure out that it was an issue. 

sheilahey
Casual Listener

Was google abl to reverse the charges?  or are we supposed to wait for Spotify to sort this out?

smailaj
Music Fan
I canceled mine within the first hour so I only got a pending charge and no
real charge. Im not sure what you would do if you had gotten a real charge
SUGGESTED POSTS