Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Solved!

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Plan

Premium Family

Country

US 

My Question or Issue

Hello:

Yesterday I recieved my email saying that my Google Home Mini was now available. When I follow the link, it brings me to the Google Store. Once I've selected the mini, and go into the checkout, it's still saying that I have to pay full price for the mini, with no apparent signs that the promo code has been applied.

I've looked up some of the other solutions on this website, but following the links provided, and trying to use incognito mode, both didn't work.

Thank you for your time.

197 Replies

I had the very same problem, just now. If you have been aware of it for weeks, why don't you take the promo out of your pages? I got the family premium only to get the Mini and now I feel mislead and lost.  Terrible experience! 

I also got the email that said to claim my google home. Saw that "it will be applied at checkout" and then was charged $50 for a google mini thats was "free". Do I get a refund for it? I have been waiting to hear back from google for a while now to cancel it? 

I'm not feeling patient. I signed up for the family plan because of the promotion.

I guess I'll just cancel and go back to using Rhapsody.

right? this makes me reconcider apple music. This has been such a hassle. I will never go for a spotify promotion again.  

same question... also, I just signed up for family, attempted to purchase mini, trying to do it again pops up an error that says "Unfortunately, we couldn't add that to your cart. There are limits on how many you can buy." 

So, do I cancel the pending $52 order?

Will I get notified by replying to this message, or should I also contact support "officially" in some way?

canceled the order... Tried again with a different Google account. SAW THE DISCOUNT! IT WAS APPLIED. But instead of the order going through when I hit submit, it was immediately canceled. I called them about the order and they said that putting a payment method on the order (which it required me to do) canceled the order, since there was zero charge. They said I need to contact Spotify and get a "new link." 

• Same problem here, is very annoying, if not solved or contacted in the next day I will cancel my subscription. It is absurd something as simple can not work. 

Is there any way to get really notified once it gets resolved? I have been trying for 24 hrs to get the email working in Google store I even call Google, they said the problem is on your side. Please resolve this issue otherwise I will cancel all subscription immediately.

Same Problem for days! Emails never answered!

I like Spotify but the customer service is terrible!

Sorry but "outsourcing" doesn't help!!!

Dude, yesterday late at night I was able to get from Spotify email to
Google store and get the free home mini. It was a pain... But somehow it
works.

Why is this marked solved? I have not seen a solution yet. It seems shady to mark it as solved while you're still looking into it.

Their mistake was going with an automated system. I know it's troublesome, but they really should've just generated codes for everyone, email them, and then let us manually input them. I really feel like that's what they should do for the people with this issue, is manually give them a code.

Having a similar issue except the Google home mini was never delivered to me - it got returned to Google due to incorrect address. Contacted Google and Spotify but still no resolution! I want to take advantage of the promotion before it ends! 😣

I think they’re seriously trying to scam people. My account was hacked ‘ I had to get my email reinstated on Spotify. They cancelled my account so in signing up again with my email, I received the offer. Now they are saying that the offer was sent to the hacked email account therefore I can’t receive “another“ offer!  That’s a lie since the offer was given to me After signing up again with my correct email!

I am having the same issue and want to be added to the list of those who cannot redeem this generous special offer. I have been Spotify Family Premium for a while. I received the email stating I’m eligible for the offer, but no promo code when attempting to check out. I have seen the google home mini advertised for $29.99 on the google page and also on target, which is $20 less than what the cart is trying to charge me. . Thank you. 

I am having the same issue and want to be added to the list of those who cannot redeem this generous special offer. I have been Spotify Family Premium for a while. I received the email stating I’m eligible for the offer, but no promo code when attempting to check out. I have seen the google home mini advertised for $29.99 on the google page and also on target, which is $20 less than what the cart is trying to charge me. . Thank you. 

This won't be resolved.  Spotify scammed people to upgrade and join with an incentive and they will not hold up their part of the deal to help out.  

These things always end up with an empty apology and a free month or something that no one will care about.  Spotify does not care.

I'm not willing to risk it but has anyone tried actually going through with the purchase anyways to see if it really charges you? Maybe we're all dummies and it's been working right all along. I don't have the money to risk it though

There was definitely a real charge being authorized on my first purchase, before I canceled with Google. On my second one, the one that actually applied the promo to correctly, Google auto-canceled it, so none there, but no joy. My "chat transcript" with Spotify support says I'll be notified via email when this gets resolved. 

no, that won't work. I did exactly that, and it will not refund, discount,
or otherwise credit your purchase.

Suggested posts